Ladies and Gentlemen... a Noob WW Sign Ups!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What even is this?? I want to play... I don't even know what WW means... :(X

Members don't see this ad.

What even is this?? I want to play... I don't even know what WW means... :(X
WW=Werewolf (if you've ever heard of Mafia, it's similar). Sign up on the waitlist/substitutes - that way if someone has to leave the game for some reason, you can be subbed in :) Read through the rest of this thread, since some basic stuff about WW has been stated. Read through this post. Watch and learn! :D

If you have a bunch of time on your hands and...
...You're interested in reading past game threads, go here
...You want to read some really interesting guides and strategy things and basically throw a bunch of time down the drain because you're a giant nerd like me, go here (We do some things differently here, but really WW is WW)
...You just want a pretty basic rundown, go here and click "What is Mafia?"
...You want to read up on some roles that might find their way into a game in one way or another, go here

Reactions: 4 users
WW=Werewolf (if you've ever heard of Mafia, it's similar). Sign up on the waitlist/substitutes - that way if someone has to leave the game for some reason, you can be subbed in :) Read through the rest of this thread, since some basic stuff about WW has been stated. Read through this post. Watch and learn! :D

...You want to read some really interesting guides and strategy things and basically throw a bunch of time down the drain because you're a giant nerd like me, go here (We do some things differently here, but really WW is WW)
...You want to read up on some roles that might find their way into a game in one way or another, go here
WZ thanks for sharing the guides and strategy link! I'm gonna bookmark it and read it after my last final (biochem :| ) on Thursday.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Thank you to @WildZoo for posting this information.

As a noob, I didn't even know that "WW" meant "werewolf."

He has declared that he identifies as a noob!
tumblr_inline_nimszn3Xft1t98at1.gif
LIS in the noob WW game :rofl::rofl:

Reactions: 11 users
I just want to emphasize DVMD's point..... Especially if you have an ability for night, don't forget to plan for an action.

I have even sent very specific/complicated instructions to the mods if I am going to be unavailable. Obviously this is a last resort, but forgetting to perform your action really detracts from the game. When a mod designs a more complicated game she/he will normally assume abilities are used. When they are randomly forgotten, it really impacts the game sometimes. That is no bueno.

Hell yes. I actually send in contingencies very, very often, even if I do think I'll be around. It's a little bit of extra work for the mod if I change my move, but I figure I make it up to them by them not having to wait around to figure out results (usually - I miss moves like everyone sometimes).

I definitely will send in "If A, do X; if B, do Y; if C, do Z" type of extensive instructions.

All to say: I agree with SOV/DVMD ... don't hesitate to send in a contingency move in case you can't be.

What did you think it meant DocS? I promise not to laugh (hard).
I thought it stood for "watch and wait" or "wizards and warriors," or something like that.

I am still big time clueless about some of the other terms I've been hearing tossed around on SDN, such as "ability for night."

I also thought "villagers" were hideous and murderous "zombies" until some SDNers mentioned that villagers are "good" characters in the game, and wolves are not.

Sounds intriguing!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am respecting that LIS identifies as a noob and think we should all support him during this transition period.

(I make things happen, don't worry).

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
I thought it stood for "watch and wait" or "wizards and warriors," or something like that.

I am still big time clueless about some of the other terms I've been hearing tossed around on SDN, such as "ability for night."

I also thought "villagers" were hideous and murderous "zombies" until some SDNers mentioned that villagers are "good" characters in the game, and wolves are not.

Sounds intriguing!
Read the first post in this thread and the couple links in it and I guarantee you'll be much more up to date. :)

It is usually a good idea to have subs lined up anyway since sometimes people either get busy or freak out and don't play. One of the worst things people can do in WW is sign up then not actually participate, so don't be that person.

Reactions: 3 users
Noob Sign Ups:
1. @lymphocyte
2. @mmmdreamerz
3. @SnowshoeDog143
4. @Karabiner13
5. @LetItSnow
6. @Coopah
7. @killerleaf
8. @SkiOtter
9. @cdoconn
10. @Doctor-S
11. @sheltermed
12. @serher
13. @TrashPanda
14. @Animal Midwife
15. @raf2769
16. @SARdoghandler
17. @awesomenessity
18. @jmo1012
19. @hurtem&healem
20. @hygebeorht
21. @kittenmittens524
22. @Bottle of Bear
23. @LyraGardenia
24. @wallydo

Waiting List/Substitutes

Okay guys, we're just over one week out! I will be assigning mentors early next week so you can get a bit acquainted before roles and such goes out.

Right now I just want to double check that people realize what they're getting into, game-wise. You should expect to check in at least once every day and night cycle, or to submit contingencies if you are going to be temporarily away. Many people will have "abilities" that can be used during the evening, so you don't want to only show up for the lynching (day) phase and then miss out on the evening. Ideally you'll check in a couple times so that back and forth discussion can occur. The times of cycles will likely change depending on which mod is doing it, but think 6am/9pm EST if it's me.

If you think you'll be too busy or aren't interested enough, I'd like people to step out now vs. after the game begins and roles are out. So just make sure you're willing to spend a bit of time and have some fun. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Noob Sign Ups:
1. @lymphocyte
2. @mmmdreamerz
3. @SnowshoeDog143
4. @Karabiner13
5. @LetItSnow
6. @Coopah
7. @killerleaf
8. @SkiOtter
9. @cdoconn
10. @Doctor-S
11. @sheltermed
12. @serher
13. @TrashPanda
14. @Animal Midwife
15. @raf2769
16. @SARdoghandler
17. @awesomenessity
18. @jmo1012
19. @hurtem&healem
20. @PigFarmer25
21. @kittenmittens524
22. @Bottle of Bear
23. @LyraGardenia
24. @wallydo

Waiting List/Substitutes
1. @hygebeorht

Okay guys, we're just over one week out! I will be assigning mentors early next week so you can get a bit acquainted before roles and such goes out.

Right now I just want to double check that people realize what they're getting into, game-wise. You should expect to check in at least once every day and night cycle, or to submit contingencies if you are going to be temporarily away. Many people will have "abilities" that can be used during the evening, so you don't want to only show up for the lynching (day) phase and then miss out on the evening. Ideally you'll check in a couple times so that back and forth discussion can occur.

If you think you'll be too busy or aren't interested enough, I'd like people to step out now vs. after the game begins and roles are out. So just make sure you're willing to spend a bit of time and have some fun. :)

Whoooooo! So excited for this, my very first WW game :heckyeah::love:. I have an interview the 18th so I might be slightly unavailable for the 17th and 18th while flying but I'll make sure to put in a contingency vote.

Hooray! @Trilt when will it end?

I have an interview Jan. 8 and might not be around much then and the day before. But checking in once or twice those days still seems feasible!

I have an interview Jan. 8 and might not be around much then and the day before. But checking in once or twice those days still seems feasible!
Endings are hard to predict but usually the number of days is somewhere around half the number of players, barring extra kills or lots of resurrections/hard to kill roles/successful protectors

ALRIGHT. Finals are over. Time to read more WW! I was halfway through Vet School WW. I've read WWFarm (one of the first newbie games), WWhores, Camp WW. Any recommendations? Haha

ALRIGHT. Finals are over. Time to read more WW! I was halfway through Vet School WW. I've read WWFarm (one of the first newbie games), WWhores, Camp WW. Any recommendations? Haha
The Stand. Best game ever ;)

Not biased, no not at all

But for real I'm rather fond of Thomas Covenant, SDN WW, Sword of Truth (though i imagine the videos probably arent up anymore), Rick & Morty, and Harry Potter

Eta: and like 20 others at least, plus several in the lounge, idk, probably best to read them all

Ooh, which one would you recommend? I haven't read any yet!

Ooh, which one would you recommend? I haven't read any yet!
Hahaha if you're looking for a good explanation of the game as well as understanding what mistakes not to make as a noob, I definitely recommend the WW Farm. Either that or Child's Play (the second WW noob game). I haven't read Child's Play yet, but it's good.

If you're looking for a quick game that's really funny, check out WWhores. I was crying laughing haha

Oh man, the meme game was a really solid read through. Dr. Seuss, too. Mysterious Planet. History of the WWorld.

Of my games, I'm a little bummed you read the camp one! I think Post-Apocalyptic Pokémon is a pretty good read, if a messy game. ;) Rick & Morty is amusing if you know the source material (and if you don't, you should watch it) and I personally really love Minecraft Dali as far as storyline goes.

Well before that hopefully! I expect less than two weeks, although you never truly know.

Oh man, the meme game was a really solid read through. Dr. Seuss, too. Mysterious Planet. History of the WWorld.

Of my games, I'm a little bummed you read the camp one! I think Post-Apocalyptic Pokémon is a pretty good read, if a messy game. ;) Rick & Morty is amusing if you know the source material (and if you don't, you should watch it) and I personally really love Minecraft Dali as far as storyline goes.
I have such a love hate relationship with Dr. Seuss

Hahaha if you're looking for a good explanation of the game as well as understanding what mistakes not to make as a noob, I definitely recommend the WW Farm. Either that or Child's Play (the second WW noob game). I haven't read Child's Play yet, but it's good.

If you're looking for a quick game that's really funny, check out WWhores. I was crying laughing haha

Awesome, thanks! I've been having some trouble keeping vet school stuff off my mind, so that should be a nice distraction!

Looking forward to this (especially as finals end the day before it starts). I'll be flying to NH on the 20th but will make sure to do my best to participate or put in contingencies

Can you take my name off the list please? I'm sorry I don't think I'll have enough time to check in that much.

@Trilt So 6am EST is 3am PST. I usually go to bed around 12-1am so would I always be asleep for the morning cycle. Would I need to put a contingency in each time? Would that work?

As long as you put in a night action before going to bed you should be fine. You don't have to be online right when night ends/morning opens. Not much happens at night. Daytime is when discussion happens, but you can check in when you get up and join the discussion then. As long as you check in a couple times during the day and are around once in the evening at some point to get any action in, you shouldn't miss any major deadlines.

Edit: Ninja'd by BBC.

I am rereading as a reward mechanism for when I get note cards correct. It's a pretty funny read overall.

She is way too busy to start back up. At least for now anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Well tell her I miss her anyway :(

I did go back and read some of my posts from
the day MJ tried to get me killed
. Kind of hilarious.

@Trilt So 6am EST is 3am PST. I usually go to bed around 12-1am so would I always be asleep for the morning cycle. Would I need to put a contingency in each time? Would that work?
oh goodness you do not need to be awake at night close. *I* wouldn't be awake that early for night close if I didn't have to be due to my work schedule. You just have to submit actions before that deadline.

oh goodness you do not need to be awake at night close. *I* wouldn't be awake that early for night close if I didn't have to be due to my work schedule. You just have to submit actions before that deadline.

Oh good. I barely make it to 12 most nights (unless I'm watching a tv show that's a 2 parter haha)

Y'all I used to talk in games a lot. Good times.
I was thinking a day or two ago that based on the join dates in our profiles, we joined about a week apart but I have 835 posts [edit: 836 now!] and you have 22,095. :eek: (Not a criticism at all, just something I noticed recently, haha)

I was thinking a day or two ago that based on the join dates in our profiles, we joined about a week apart but I have 835 posts [edit: 836 now!] and you have 22,095. :eek: (Not a criticism at all, just something I noticed recently, haha)
I had >500 posts in the Dr. Seuss game. Like, wut.

It's ok. I know I'm insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.