Ladies and Gentlemen... a Noob WW Sign Ups!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a wolf in my second game ever, but I can't remember how long it was between then and the next time as a wolf (which I believe was a conversion). I think I can still count the number of times I've been an original on one hand, but don't quote me on that. Definitely a villager far more often, which contributed to my lynch-free record, and for a while every time I was a wolf I got night killed (or mod killed...that one time...)..
I'm reading your noob game (the WW 101 Beginner game) from March of 2014 and I'm laughing rather hard right now. Some of these "abilities" are quite hilarious (having to talk in all caps, talking backwards, etc).

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm reading your noob game (the WW 101 Beginner game) from March of 2014 and I'm laughing rather hard right now. Some of these "abilities" are quite hilarious (having to talk in all caps, talking backwards, etc).
It's funny to me to think about that game, because I actually died really early, but I always feel like I was there for the whole game. Which I think just means I was a really obnoxious dead person.

Oh, and my ability was blocking people by pooping on them I'm pretty sure.

Reactions: 1 users
It's funny to me to think about that game, because I actually died really early, but I always feel like I was there for the whole game. Which I think just means I was a really obnoxious dead person.

Oh, and my ability was blocking people by pooping on them I'm pretty sure.
What a good, useful ability though!

Noob Sign Ups:
1. n00bocyte
2. mmmdreamerz
3. SnowshoeDog
4. Karabiner13
5. LeTitsNow
6. Coopah
7. killerleaf
8. SkiOtter
9. cdoconn
10. Doctor-S
11. sheltermed
12. serher
13. TrashPanda
14. Animal Midwife
15. Raf2769
16. SARdoghandler
17. awesomenessity
18. jmo1012
19. hurtem&healem
20. Piggie
21. kittenmittens524
22.Bottle of Bear
23. LyraGardenia

Waiting List/Substitutes

Mentor Sign Ups
1. Lupin21
2. Kam325
3. Filly Bay
4. BBC
5. STL
6. SandstormDVM
7. Aloha
8. Finnick
9. PBC
10. MJ
11. Guisantes
12. Deva
13. Jil
14. WZ
15.Jayna
16. Gwenevre
17. Zensing
18. nyanko
19. Hmoo
20. Ashgirl
21. LotF
22. SOV
fin.

? 23. Rojo

Reactions: 4 users
Haha I like how my name on the list was changed to just Piggie

Members don't see this ad :)
Only problem with that nickname is that now I have Danny Elfman in my head singing about how "Piggy met Baby at a disco bar..."

Reactions: 1 user
Does this include mentors because I just got this avatar and I'm not sure I can part with it before the new year!
It's a recommendation not a requirement. You know how I am about changing *my* avvie, I'd never force it.

Oh @Trilt that reminds me! question- will we know each other's Mentors or just our own? Because like we've been saying, we would know that STL and MJ's noobs are encouraged to cause chaos. Does it matter?
You won't know mentors unless someone tells you (which I discourage).

Learn from me. Don't ever get excited about a villager role or you will be lynched.

#still bitter
:oops:

Noob Sign Ups:
1. n00bocyte
2. mmmdreamerz
3. SnowshoeDog
4. Karabiner13
5. LeTitsNow
6. Coopah
7. killerleaf
8. SkiOtter
9. cdoconn
10. Doctor-S
11. sheltermed
12. serher
13. TrashPanda
14. Animal Midwife
15. Raf2769
16. SARdoghandler
17. awesomenessity
18. jmo1012
19. hurtem&healem
20. Piggie
21. kittenmittens524
22.Bottle of Bear
23. LyraGardenia

Waiting List/Substitutes

Mentor Sign Ups
1. Lupin21
2. Kam325
3. Filly Bay
4. BBC
5. STL
6. SandstormDVM
7. Aloha
8. Finnick
9. PBC
10. MJ
11. Guisantes
12. Deva
13. Jil
14. WZ
15.Jayna
16. Gwenevre
17. Zensing
18. nyanko
19. Hmoo
20. Ashgirl
21. LotF
22. SOV
fin.

Waitlist/Backup Despite fin
(May not make it into the mentor chat)
1. KC
2. Rojo

Please see avatar for the appropriate form of flamethrower!!

And yes, I have been around for a while...but unlike others, I am NOT an old grumpy person. Just old!! o_O:p

Noob Sign Ups:
1. n00bocyte
2. mmmdreamerz
3. SnowshoeDog
4. Karabiner13
5. LeTitsNow
6. Coopah
7. killerleaf
8. SkiOtter
9. cdoconn
10. Doctor-S
11. sheltermed
12. serher
13. TrashPanda
14. Animal Midwife
15. Raf2769
16. SARdoghandler
17. awesomenessity
18. jmo1012
19. hurtem&healem
20. Piggie
21. kittenmittens524
22.Bottle of Bear
23. LyraGardenia

Waiting List/Substitutes

Mentor Sign Ups
1. Lupin21
2. Kam325
3. Filly Bay
4. BBC
5. STL
6. SandstormDVM
7. Aloha
8. Finnick
9. PBC
10. MJ
11. Guisantes
12. Deva
13. Jil
14. WZ
15.Jayna
16. Gwenevre
17. Zensing
18. nyanko
19. Hmoo
20. Ashgirl
21. LotF
22. SOV
fin.

1. KC
2. Rojo
:yeahright:
You would deny one of these young ones (or letits) the opportunity to learn from me?

You should make tiers of mentors, but there's barely enough old timers (I know SOV, lis, nyanko all started playing before me, and I'm pretty sure Lupin did too, but otherwise I think that's it) to balance the people here since the first noob game (although seems like mad jack and stl mentored in that or a mentor game to young WildZoo? I for some reason lump all 3 of you into contemporaries).

I'll campaign for free Lance mentoring. You have to dig real deep into the pits of the Golden Era of ww on prevet to find some of my gems... Oh good times

You would deny one of these young ones (or letits) the opportunity to learn from me?

You should make tiers of mentors, but there's barely enough old timers (I know SOV, lis, nyanko all started playing before me, and I'm pretty sure Lupin did too, but otherwise I think that's it) to balance the people here since the first noob game (although seems like mad jack and stl mentored in that or a mentor game to young WildZoo? I for some reason lump all 3 of you into contemporaries).

I'll campaign for free Lance mentoring. You have to dig real deep into the pits of the Golden Era of ww on prevet to find some of my gems... Oh good times

That's because I took the initiative and joined a game all on my own without this noob game ish (I think I had close to a year under my belt before the noob game) And look how wonderful I turned out (for those that are die hard don't do a noob game)! Lololol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Do we use some type of chat feature for this upcoming noob game?

I have changed my avatar to something more festive ... you see ... I am a very meek, truly sweet and angelic Tigress who would never harm anyone ... not even a villager or a wolf! ;-)

I have changed my avatar to something more festive ... you see ... I am a very meek, truly sweet and angelic Tigress who would never harm anyone ... not even a villager or a wolf! ;-)
That's not the spirit! Wrong attitude Doctor-S.

KILL
!
That's the true Christmas spirit of WW.

Also, I'm a noob so others please correct me if I'm wrong (but I've read 3 different games now, and I'm starting to have an understanding of this game) but yes and no for if we use a chat in the game. Wolves have a group chat they're all in, villagers do not. And then there are sometimes special abilities or items you're given/ can buy that allows you to message usually one other player.

Reactions: 3 users

It will depend on what the mod sees fit, but usually there's some type of PMing involved. Sometimes it is between certain characters, sometimes you can PM your sign-up group, sometimes there will be time-limitations. Trilt will outline the PM rules when the game starts :)

STL started playing before MJ and I did, we both played in the first noob game. I don't know if STL mentored in that game or not. At any rate he only started playing a few games before that I think, so we started around the same time.

Rest assured the mentor chat is currently pining for you.

STL started playing before MJ and I did, we both played in the first noob game. I don't know if STL mentored in that game or not. At any rate he only started playing a few games before that I think, so we started around the same time.

When was the noob game, what month? I am fairly sure I had 10s of games under my belt by the time that started. I didn't start on that noob game ish, and look how I turned out :p (as a means of combatting those opposing these types of games :p)

Was I up until stupid late last night rereading Child's Play? Yes, yes I was. Man though did things read differently now, Caiter was sketch as all get out, gender confusion left and right, just a different time.

Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
When was the noob game, what month? I am fairly sure I had 10s of games under my belt by the time that started. I didn't start on that noob game ish, and look how I turned out :p (as a means of combatting those opposing these types of games :p)

I think the first noob game was March 2014? Around then?

Was I up until stupid late last night rereading Child's Play? Yes, yes I was. Man though did things read differently now, Caiter was sketch as all get out, gender confusion left and right, just a different time.

What's really annoying is the whole reason I had to start making up the crazy lies in the first place is people decided to lynch me day 1 for being number 13. So I had to admit to being a seer to save myself and then make up reasons why I was still around and not wolf killed.....

Don't lie unless you have to kids! :p

Noob Sign Ups:
1. n00bocyte
2. mmmdreamerz
3. SnowshoeDog
4. Karabiner13
5. LeTitsNow
6. Coopah
7. killerleaf
8. SkiOtter
9. cdoconn
10. Doctor-S
11. sheltermed
12. serher
13. TrashPanda
14. Animal Midwife
15. Raf2769
16. SARdoghandler
17. awesomenessity
18. jmo1012
19. hurtem&healem
20. Piggie
21. kittenmittens524
22.Bottle of Bear
23. LyraGardenia

Waiting List/Substitutes

Mentor Sign Ups
1. Lupin21
2. Kam325
3. Filly Bay
4. BBC
5. STL
6. SandstormDVM
7. Aloha
8. Finnick
9. PBC
10. MJ
11. Guisantes
12. Deva
13. Jil
14. WZ
15.Jayna
16. Gwenevre
17. Zensing
18. nyanko
19. Hmoo
20. Ashgirl
21. LotF
22. SOV
fin.

1. KC
2. Rojo
3. Caiter

I'll probably be the worst mentor ever, but it sounds like fun :p

Are you just inviting me to comment here? Or are you being self depreciating? Not sure a noob game would have helped you, and God have mercy on your noobs soul.

What's really annoying is the whole reason I had to start making up the crazy lies in the first place is people decided to lynch me day 1 for being number 13. So I had to admit to being a seer to save myself and then make up reasons why I was still around and not wolf killed.....

Don't lie unless you have to kids! :p
Or in the words of @DocEspana , lie equally as wolf or villager.

Can me and DocE mentor together?

Reactions: 3 users
I am interested in joining in on this game. I've always wondered what all these WW threads were about and I've never heard of Mafia before either. The start date works for me but I was wondering how long this game typically lasts? Also, say if I work third shift in a VTH and occasionally sleep so hard I lose track of all social media for a day - would this eliminate me from the game?

There's already a mentor chat?

My Angus is not adequately peppered for this.

Can't anyone add to a conversation?

It only takes one person to go Rouge

I am interested in joining in on this game. I've always wondered what all these WW threads were about and I've never heard of Mafia before either. The start date works for me but I was wondering how long this game typically lasts? Also, say if I work third shift in a VTH and occasionally sleep so hard I lose track of all social media for a day - would this eliminate me from the game?
Games usually last # of players /2 days, roughly. Many people that play have real jobs and aren't on 24/7, and while it's usually best/productive to check in every day of the game, life happens and as long as it's not more than 1-2 times you shouldn't be eliminated. . . You might get lynched for inactivity , and some mods have mechanisms to kill or replace inactive members, but 1 day of inactivity doesn't do it usually

Same but with the Farm based WW. I've read like 3 WWs in the span of a week... I have finals next week and need to stop

There's already a mentor chat?

My Angus is not adequately peppered for this.

Can't anyone add to a conversation?

It only takes one person to go Rouge

When there are 25 people already added in there, we peons with less than mod status can't add anyone. But trust me, we definitely want you in there, especially with how the conversation turned out last night

I think 10's of games is an exaggeration. Even when we were doing a game every 2 weeks during the peak saturation of ww, that means you would have had to be playing since fall of 2013 and have been playing in every game from that point forward. I was going to say I'm not sure if I had 10's of games by March 2014 (which I was on vacation during that time, and I believe I do recall missing the first noob game because of that, stupid 30th birthday) but I'm probably wrong as I think about it.

I'm just sad I missed some great lounge games before my time. But protoman will forever be the pinnacle of my ww excellence. Once was pretty good too...

And while not the first, definitely the most dedicated wolf bragger

When there are 25 people already added in there, we peons with less than mod status can't add anyone. But trust me, we definitely want you in there, especially with how the conversation turned out last night

Does that mean I have to grovel to @StartingoverVet cause I'm not opposed to doing that. . .

We'll figure it out and sneak you in somehow, but I'm not gonna bump someone who signed up earlier. Hold your ponies. :)

Does that mean I have to grovel to @StartingoverVet cause I'm not opposed to doing that. . .
He's the one at the limit (I can only go to 21 as gold... he got us an extra 5 people with his big dolla donation to SDN but we're hoping maybe @dyachei can do more? Otherwise shuffling to be had).

I am biased, but I think protoman ww should be prerequisite reading for noobs
After finals, I'll definitely read.

The other one I feel like I need to read is one I see quoted all the time and it's about a car and WTF..?

That's not the spirit! Wrong attitude Doctor-S.

KILL
!
That's the true Christmas spirit of WW.
Alas, I am a timid little Tigress, incapable of lying, cajoling, stealing or killing.

Poor little me ... poor little helpless me. ;)

Meow ... meow.

1DecZooTiger-800.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Alas, I am a timid little Tigress, incapable of lying, cajoling, stealing or killing.

Poor little me ... poor little helpless me. ;)

Meow ... meow.

1DecZooTiger-800.jpg
You;re doing it wrong....
Now they won't trust a word you say.... save the tiger for later in the game AFTER you have lied, cajoled, stole, or killed.

Reactions: 7 users

It was either March or April, it ran around the same time as Cats, I remember reading that one and laughing at you.

I am biased, but I think protoman ww should be prerequisite reading for noobs
It is most excellent. Some of those old lounge games really make me sad I didn't start playing earlier. Hell I would have caught some good games even if I had started playing when I joined SDN instead of a year later. But then, I wouldn't give up my forever noob buddies for the world :love:

You;re doing it wrong....
Now they won't trust a word you say.... save the tiger for later in the game AFTER you have lied, cajoled, stole, or killed.
"They" might no longer be alive by the end of the game.

I just watched a short video about WW. I'm looking forward to learning how to play this game!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.