Ladies and Gentlemen... a Noob WW Sign Ups!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There used to be very strict no editing rules, but over time things have changed. Some mods will allow anything except editing of lynch votes, some limit you to grammar, and there are probably traditionalists who don't want you to edit at all. You still need to be careful about what you say though and think things through before posting, especially if you're a wolf or have an ability...stuff like that is how wolves or power roles get discovered.
Gotcha! That makes sense!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm so excited for this game but I have a crushing feeling I'm going to be killed super early in the game. :eek:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so excited for this game but I have a crushing feeling I'm going to be killed super early in the game. :eek:

If so, don't sweat it. <Somebody> has to die D1, N1, D2, N2, etc. Not terribly infrequently it tends to be newer players. Push through it.

Reactions: 3 users
True. But hopefully I won't die too early in the noob game. :)

and yeah @lymphocyte it's like the hunger games. We can all be friends until the cannon fires and then after that comes MURDER AND DEATH.

Reactions: 1 users
MURDER AND DEATH.

I feel like you were the kid who played the sims and killed all your characters.

(Don't worry, I was as well. #psychopathsunite)

:p

Reactions: 5 users
I feel like you were the kid who played the sims and killed all your characters.

I actually never played the sims growing up- BUT I used to play Roller Coaster Tycoon and I would kill everyone. My favorite way to kill was this one pre- made roller coaster and if you went at the correct speed you would be fine, but if you went too fast it'd go flying off the end! That, and if I needed good ratings and some snot nosed brat was complaining about my park, I would pick him up, and move him to the 1x1 square of water and drown him.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 9.37.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 9.37.48 PM.png
    611.1 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: 5 users
Oh good! I read the noob WW that SOV modded (modded? moded?) in March of '14 and he was pretty strict about not being able to edit for grammar w/out permission, so I wasn't sure.
You'll learn there are more variations to this game than you could imagine. Everyone who mods has slightly different style, rules, etc, and those aren't even consistent game to game. I got a little more strict on editing after the Great Slowpoke Debacle of Post-Apocalyptic Pokemon™, but have slowly relaxed again. Some people almost always allow group PMing, some never do. It's all variable which can be a little frustrating early on but becomes very fun later. :)

I actually never played the sims growing up- BUT I used to play Roller Coaster Tycoon and I would kill everyone. My favorite way to kill was this one pre- made roller coaster and if you went at the correct speed you would be fine, but if you went too fast it'd go flying off the end! That, and if I needed good ratings and some snot nosed brat was complaining about my park, I would pick him up, and move him to the 1x1 square of water and drown him.
Oh Shuttle Loop, you fantastic money making, death causing coaster.

Oh Shuttle Loop, you fantastic money making, death causing coaster.
That's the one! My favorite people were the one's who said "oh! I want to go on Shuttle Loop because it looks like fun!" heh heh hehh heh heh. Do it, children.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I definitely did both. Sad now that you can't take away your pool ladder in Sims 3 and have them swim until they get too tired/hungry/some other mood and drown. And in RCT I would take all the grumpy people and put them on a large island and then delete the land squares so they'd all drown at the same time.

giphy.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh good! I read the noob WW that SOV modded (modded? moded?) in March of '14 and he was pretty strict about not being able to edit for grammar w/out permission, so I wasn't sure.
Like Trilt said, it really depends on the mods. Some do not allowing any editing of posts period while others will let it slide for minor things like grammar.

That being said, I totally get the urge to want to correct typos and grammatical issues and whatnot. Most of my non-WW posts on SDN have been edited at least once or twice because I will come back, reread the post, and see that I said something stupid. I stopped doing it in WW after getting in pretty big trouble a couple of times in the last noob game. :laugh:

Wow. Now I just want to read all the past WW games instead of writing my paper... Maybe that's how I should procrastinate in between my finals next week.

Wow. Now I just want to read all the past WW games instead of writing my paper... Maybe that's how I should procrastinate in between my finals next week.
Don't do it- it's a trap! Study for your finals do not get sucked into this 'reading WW' trap
-from someone who read 3 1/2 different WW games to its completion in like 5 days. (still blaming zensing for this one)

I definitely did both. Sad now that you can't take away your pool ladder in Sims 3 and have them swim until they get too tired/hungry/some other mood and drown. And in RCT I would take all the grumpy people and put them on a large island and then delete the land squares so they'd all drown at the same time.

giphy.gif

In Sims 3 the best way to kill people is to build a shed, fill it with crappy chairs and equally crappy grill send someone to grill something then watch them burn :flame::shifty:

I just read this RTC review "If you enjoy management, this is the game for you. If you love charging people $20 to go the the bathroom, or sending them to their doom on death coasters, than this is DEFINITELY the game for you." I need to download this game asap.

I think you can get it on Steam?- @Trilt could you explain what Steam is? I'm very confused.
I could only find RCT 3 for mac on steam (but tbh I don't really know how to use that website) and it said RCT 1 was for pc :cryi::cryi::cryi: (literally been looking for this emoji forever but didn't realize I should've been looking for something blue to be crying haha)

I could only find RCT 3 for mac on steam (but tbh I don't really know how to use that website) and it said RCT 1 was for pc :cryi::cryi::cryi: (literally been looking for this emoji forever but didn't realize I should've been looking for something blue to be crying haha)
oh. That's terrible. I have a mac and was about to buy it
1BXa2alBjrCXC.gif

Ok, I'm in. I'll try not to let you down, future mentor.

Noob Sign Ups:

1. n00bocyte
2. mmmdreamerz
3. SnowshoeDog
4. Karabiner13
5. LeTitsNow
6. Coopah
7. killerleaf
8. SkiOtter
9. cdoconn
10. Doctor-S
11. sheltermed
12. serher
13. TrashPanda
14. Animal Midwife
15. Raf2769
16. SARdoghandler
17. awesomenessity
18. jmo1012
19. hurtem&healem
20. Piggie
21. kittenmittens524
22.Bottle of Bear
23. LyraGardenia
24. wallydo

Waiting List/Substitutes

Mentor Sign Ups
1. Lupin21
2. Kam325
3. Filly Bay
4. BBC
5. STL
6. SandstormDVM
7. Aloha
8. Finnick
9. PBC
10. MJ
11. Guisantes
12. Deva
13. Jil
14. WZ
15.Jayna
16. Gwenevre
17. Zensing
18. nyanko
19. Hmoo
20. Ashgirl
21. LotF
22. SOV
fin.

Waitlist/Backup Despite fin
(May not make it into the mentor chat)
1. KC
2. Rojo
3. Caiter

Don't do it- it's a trap! Study for your finals do not get sucked into this 'reading WW' trap
-from someone who read 3 1/2 different WW games to its completion in like 5 days. (still blaming zensing for this one)

I still don't love reading them. I usually hunt for old spreadsheets instead...

Hmm... some traps are hard to avoid. I feel its probably similar to binge-watching crappy tv shows except instead of bad acting and lack of story line, I'll just be watching people kill each other and turn on their friends. Actually now that I write that it sounds like a show I would actually watch.

Half the things I read/watch during finals I would not have read or watch just for fun.. but somehow when it's that versus studying.... Maybe I just procrastinate a bit too much haha.

Just to let everyone know, I will recommend changing avatars to match the circus theme. Not required, but I'm working on a sloth variant for the game and it's fun for everyone to momentarily match. :)
Hmm, I may have to stick a clown nose or something on my cat! It could double as a Rudolph nose for Christmas. :D

I'm glad to hear I don't HAVE to check in on WW more than once a day, I'll be helping with c/o 2021 interviews the weekend this starts, and obviously I'm bad at keeping up with threads as it is. :laugh: But once I go home for break on the 19th I'll have tons of free time, assuming I'm still alive at that point.

Hmm, I may have to stick a clown nose or something on my cat! It could double as a Rudolph nose for Christmas. :D

I'm glad to hear I don't HAVE to check in on WW more than once a day, I'll be helping with c/o 2021 interviews the weekend this starts, and obviously I'm bad at keeping up with threads as it is. :laugh: But once I go home for break on the 19th I'll have tons of free time, assuming I'm still alive at that point.

I think you'll find that suddenly you have to take bathroom breaks a lot more frequently when you're 'busy' and playing WW. You'll check in more than once a day ;)

Reactions: 7 users
At first I was like, Trilt's doing a late night too! How weird! And then I remembered the time difference, and that it's not actually 4 am everywhere right now.

I don't know, but it seemed really mind blowing.

At first I was like, Trilt's doing a late night too! How weird! And then I remembered the time difference, and that it's not actually 4 am everywhere right now.

I don't know, but it seemed really mind blowing.
Haha - while those hours are definitely not strangers to me, the 6am wake up for my hour commute is definitely not very compatible.

Haha - while those hours are definitely not strangers to me, the 6am wake up for my hour commute is definitely not very compatible.

Think of it this way: you get to listen to Christmas music for an entire hour before (and after!) work! You lucky duck.

Unless you play Christmas music at work too. In which case the commute is a tiny but less exciting.

Depends which of my bosses is in. One is a scrooge about any music, the other usually has it on before me. :D

The benefit of the commute is that I can belt out horrible iterations of Santa Baby in an utterly judgment free zone. :p

Reactions: 6 users
@Trilt
@Trilt

re: editing, when I think about it, you should probably NOT allow editing at all in this game. It is always easier to learn the hard way, and then relax the rules, than vice versa. This way, they won't get mod killed in a game for a small edit because they are used to it. Hard love. I believe in it.

Reactions: 2 users
I usually use a spreadsheet to track who votes for who each day, things that strike me as 'off' about a person, my actions when I have them, other people's actions that I know about, role reveals and abilities, etc. They definitely aren't required, but I like having a place I can summarize information and not have to read back through pages of chatter to find details.
I'd like to add that spreadsheets are useful for wolves as well. Keep track of who reported what night actions (for example, "I was swiped at by a large beast and forced to give up my affiliation"). This lets you keep track of who's probably been cleared by the village (and thus should die). If you're really lucky, you can also get clues as to who's holding power roles (previous example was from Animorphs. I know Rachel is a main character who favors a bear morph, alignment seers are usually main characters, a wolf seered a player as Rachel, and that player is in the same group as the player who was slashed at n1. That's how you kill an alignment seer early game :))

The other useful function of a wolf spreadsheet is similar to the villager reason - to keep track of your "suspicions". If you're a wolf, you'll need to act as a villager. You'll need to have a list of "suspicious" people to vote to lynch, and you need to have a case for those lynches even though you know that the person you're "suspecting" is a villager. Acting contrary to your suspicions (visible show of trust in someone you suspected earlier or a sudden pivot to lynch someone you say you trusted, especially with no explanation for the change in heart) is a common way to get outed as a wolf. The spreadsheet reminds you of what you've said earlier and helps you stay consistent.

Reactions: 2 users
oh. That's terrible. I have a mac and was about to buy it
1BXa2alBjrCXC.gif
Bootcamp Windows onto your Mac. That's how I play Elder Scrolls games. Your school probably gives free Windows downloads to students through the IT department (I've been at a couple of universities that have, so I'm guessing it's a common thing :shrug:). I'm not going to say anything more about how to do it until after your finals, though :p

Speaking of reading WW games...if you haven't found this thread, it has most of the past (pre-vet) games listed. The newer ones are on the last page because SOMEONE refuses to update the first post in the thread.
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/celebrating-two-years-of-ww-games-in-pre-vet.983713/

I read exactly zero WW games before playing.
And look how you've turned out!

that doesn't take much. STL usually tricks himself IMO. :p
When he's not idiot savanting, he's just idioting

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.