ladies, bright blue or white shirt under the suit jacket?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lovedentistry

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
should I wear a bright blue or white shirt under the suit jacket on my interview? What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

should I wear a bright blue or white shirt under the suit jacket on my interview? What do you guys think?

Both sound conservative so both are good. Just be conservative/professional and not flashy.

If you put on your outfit and you have even a second question whether it maybe to "flashy" then take it off and wear something else. Out of all the interviews I went to, the only people that stood out were people that dressed way to unprofessionally. Ex. One guy wore no blazer. Another wore a skinny tie...with the top button unbuttoned...with the tie hanging loose like hes in the club. Ahh! Just be professional and wear something conservative!

Another wore a skinny tie...with the top button unbuttoned...with the tie hanging loose like hes in the club. Ahh! Just be professional and wear something conservative!

EW! was unruly chest hair also involved in this situation? haha FAIL.

i had a purple shirt under my grey skirt suit, i ended up being the only one at my interview with color (everyone else had black with white/cream/baby blue shirt) and i felt great about it. made me feel confident and unique :p but its really whatever you feel more comfortable in

Members don't see this ad :)
EW! was unruly chest hair also involved in this situation? haha FAIL.

i had a purple shirt under my grey skirt suit, i ended up being the only one at my interview with color (everyone else had black with white/cream/baby blue shirt) and i felt great about it. made me feel confident and unique but its really whatever you feel more comfortable in

Agreed, put some color into it; but only if you like the way it looks. I.E. I wore a black pinstripe with a lavender shirt and matching purple tie. I received nothing but compliments and good looks, you know like when something sparks your interest. So where what you want as long as it is in the confines of being professional and most importantly you feel good about it.

And it does give the adcoms something to look at other than white and black and gray. :)

What color is your suit jacket? If it's a black suit, I would go with the blue shirt... I just think a white shirt/black jacket looks a little too severe. Maybe other people feel differently. If you can pull off a different color and you think it looks nice, go for it.

Yest, it is black. I like the way both shirts look on the suit, but the blue one just pops out (not in a flashy way). I also don't know if it is appropriate for the last button to be unbuttoned, to me it looks better that way. I am a girl by the way :)

Blue. No homo.

Is it okay to wear a conservative dress with a jacket/bolero? Or should I stick to a skirt suit?