Lake Eerie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essay prompts when available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Confirmation email saying they received my application this morning. Still waiting on my MCAT score though!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Secondary received. Uphill battle since I have below a 500 mcat but hopefully my LORs GPA and maybe being from FL grants me at least a II. This school is pretty much one of the best in the country...

Reactions: 1 user
Accidently sent an application in as an international student... resubmitted properly but I would advise you guys read very carefully, as apparently I did not ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Secondary received!

Secondary received. Uphill battle since I have below a 500 mcat but hopefully my LORs GPA and maybe being from FL grants me at least a II. This school is pretty much one of the best in the country...

You got this!

If any of you have recently sent a MCAT score and are worried because they sent you an email saying they didn't get it, I called them this morning and they told me that there was a glitch in their system and they should send the secondary out within the next two weeks.

Does anyone know if secondaries get sent out based on a screening process? Or is it in order of primary application receipt? Saw that people were getting secondaries today, but haven't heard anything!

Submitted secondary... Hoping for a miracle!

Does anyone know if secondaries get sent out based on a screening process? Or is it in order of primary application receipt? Saw that people were getting secondaries today, but haven't heard anything!

I'm thinking they send it out to everyone who applies, but when you get it is based on when you were verified. I was verified 06/01

Members don't see this ad :)

They do screened (according to AACOMAS book).

I just received an email today saying

"LECOM Bradenton has received your AACOMAS Application, however, you have fallen below our minimum MCAT scores of 23 and 495 or you have chosen not to take the MCAT.
LECOM’S new Academic Index Score (AIS) system is now available to you. The Academic Index Score is calculated by using your SAT/ACT and overall GPA.
If you have a pending MCAT and want your file reviewed when the MCAT score is received, please do not apply with AIS at this time - your record will be reviewed when the MCAT score is received.
If you do not have an MCAT score that you wish to be considered and would like to apply to LECOM using your ACT or SAT scores, please follow these instructions to submit your scores:
Go to to the LECOM Candidate Portal. (If you are not following the link in this e-mail to the web portal, the address is: portal.lecom.edu)"

However my MCAT score was above the minimum and I'm a little concerned. Did anyone else have this issue?

"LECOM Bradenton has received your AACOMAS Application, however, you have fallen below our minimum MCAT scores of 23 and 495 or you have chosen not to take the MCAT.
LECOM’S new Academic Index Score (AIS) system is now available to you. The Academic Index Score is calculated by using your SAT/ACT and overall GPA.
If you have a pending MCAT and want your file reviewed when the MCAT score is received, please do not apply with AIS at this time - your record will be reviewed when the MCAT score is received.
If you do not have an MCAT score that you wish to be considered and would like to apply to LECOM using your ACT or SAT scores, please follow these instructions to submit your scores:
Go to to the LECOM Candidate Portal. (If you are not following the link in this e-mail to the web portal, the address is: portal.lecom.edu)"

However my MCAT score was above the minimum and I'm a little concerned. Did anyone else have this issue?

Did you actually send your score via aamc?

Uh, if you're above that minimum they stated, I would DEFINITELY call to clear that up. Worse case scenario you're back to this same spot.

Is anyone still on: "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made".

Reactions: 2 users
everyone knows LECOM's story already so that doesn't need to be discussed. the school is in a great location, and the admissions people ( Mr. and Mrs. Shively) are very helpful.

but be warned, there is talk of LECOM losing a lot of their rotation sites this year for the Bradenton school, essentially leaving the Bradenton students in a free-for-all
just to have something to think about come interview time.

everyone knows LECOM's story already so that doesn't need to be discussed. the school is in a great location, and the admissions people ( Mr. and Mrs. Shively) are very helpful.

but be warned, there is talk of LECOM losing a lot of their rotation sites this year for the Bradenton school, essentially leaving the Bradenton students in a free-for-all

Lol in my position I just want some school to like me...

Reactions: 1 users

Why are they losing all of their sites? That's a bit of a scary prospect.

Why are they losing all of their sites? That's a bit of a scary prospect.
i'm sure some actual Bradenton students can chime in here, but each medical school has their tactics behind closed doors, so it's wise to not follow blindly

LECOM-B doesn't pay for rotations for whatever reasons, and I've read that their admin are but hard to work with, so they lost Florida Hospital Orlando and Largo Medical Center which are its two biggest Florida spots.

your first two years at medical school will be essentially the same wherever you go, and the last two vary greatly, especially in DO schools. The last two contain very subjective grades in either preceptor/ward settings, and your residency focuses on these grades and settings to establish whether you're a good fit or not.

so it makes sense to have the most stable and structured 3rd/4th years to not add any unnecessary stress, something where LECOM-B kind of lacks.
just know you MAY be experiencing unnecessary bull **** in the future years, but they did match well this year this all may just be moot points

How long did it take to get secondaries from LECOM-Bradenton? My primary was verified 6/24 and have not heard anything from them so far... I'm kind of getting worried that my stats aren't good enough since this school is at the top of my list. My stats: 3.85 cgpa, 3.77 sgpa, 26 MCAT, good ECs, FL resident. Am I just being overdramatic?

Last edited:
How long did it take to get secondaries from LECOM-Bradenton? My primary was verified 6/24 and have not heard anything from them so far... I'm kind of getting worried that my stats aren't good enough since this school is at the top of my list. My stats: 3.85 cgpa, 3.77 sgpa, 26 MCAT, good ECs, FL resident. Am I just being overdramatic?

Very over dramatic haha

Is any scores on your mcat below an 8?

I think that's the only thing that could deter you from an interview

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II today as well! submitted on 6/25 I believe. 3.53 sGPA and cGPA. 30 MCAT. NIH research and volunteering. GOOD LUCK everyone!

Just Submitted, why can't every secondary be like this xP

Anybody register for their interview yet?

Anybody register for their interview yet?
I did! Going 8/05! Flying in to Tampa and renting a car.... Would have flown into Sarasota but there were no direct flights from where I am and I am NOT a good flyer haha. Did you register?

Lol I also registered 8/5! Flying into Sarasota renting a car and staying in holiday inn. I wonder how many interviewees there will be

Lol I also registered 8/5! Flying into Sarasota renting a car and staying in holiday inn. I wonder how many interviewees there will be
I'm staying at the Holiday Inn too!! Haha I don't know, but from sifting through last year's thread, it seems about 20 people interview in one day?

That seems about right. Are you staying just the one night?

Looks like we are all rolling in around the same time. Landing around 1330 in Tampa. Just staying one night; driving straight out after interview.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
How long did it take you guys to get secondaries on average? Also, do they send out secondaries before they get your MCAT scores or do they wait? I apologize if this has already been addressed!

I'm also driving out right after the interview. It's cool knowing there are others in the same boat as me lol