Lake Eerie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted for an interview? When did you get the letter?

Post-interview. They told us we could call on October 1st to get our decision instead of waiting for mail.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Post-interview. They told us we could call on October 1st to get our decision instead of waiting for mail.

Lol I should have looked at your signature.. my bad.. I guess I am a bit antsy because I got the change in portal pre-interview and thought it was a automatic rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
II today. I believe I originally submitted my secondary 9/5 and never got an email letting me know it was submitted. I resubmitted it today, then left a voicemail and email for Admissions trying to figure out my situation. I ended up hearing back a few hours later that they are offering me an interview! I was so pleased that this school responded to my question. I haven't heard from any other schools when I have tried to contact admissions.

Is there anyone else on here who submitted around June or July and are still under review? Because with people submitting in August and September and hearing from LECOM soon after, I'm worried something is wrong.

II today. I believe I originally submitted my secondary 9/5 and never got an email letting me know it was submitted. I resubmitted it today, then left a voicemail and email for Admissions trying to figure out my situation. I ended up hearing back a few hours later that they are offering me an interview! I was so pleased that this school responded to my question. I haven't heard from any other schools when I have tried to contact admissions.

Congrats @theLaxEagle on your interview! would you mind telling me the email or number you used to contact Admissions? I want to check on my application as well. Thanks :)

Congrats @theLaxEagle on your interview! would you mind telling me the email or number you used to contact Admissions? I want to check on my application as well. Thanks :)
Yeah, not a problem. I'm not familiar with sending a PM on here, but it is a personal email and phone number so I don't want to post it to the forum. Do you know how I can send it to just you?

Yeah, not a problem. I'm not familiar with sending a PM on here, but it is a personal email and phone number so I don't want to post it to the forum. Do you know how I can send it to just you?

sure, you can just email me Thank you again! I'm also not familiar with PM on here lol

Last edited:
sure, you can just email me at [email protected]. Thank you again! I'm also not familiar with PM on here lol
I sent you an email. Let me know if you get it and then you might want to edit your message to remove your email. That's up to you, but I wouldn't leave mine on here.

I sent you an email. Let me know if you get it and then you might want to edit your message to remove your email. That's up to you, but I wouldn't leave mine on here.
Hey! I received your email. Thank you so much. I also took your advice :)

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who was accepted received deposit guidelines? I also have not received a letter yet, just the email.

Has anyone who was accepted received deposit guidelines? I also have not received a letter yet, just the email.

Got the letter today. The deposit is due by November 1st

For those of you who interviewed, did you need to have a separate letter of recommendation sent in from a science professor that already wrote one for you? It seems like their requirements for letters are much more specific than anything I sent to all of the other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
And officially rejected according to the portal, after never having one of my emails answered. Oh well on and up. Good luck guys!!!

And officially rejected according to the portal, after never having one of my emails answered. Oh well on and up. Good luck guys!!!
Oh no :/ When did you interview? Hope you have better luck the rest of the cycle!

Oh no :/ When did you interview? Hope you have better luck the rest of the cycle!
No, I never interviewed! I just noticed the 30 day thing on my portal. Ive been trying to get ahold of them to send my MCAT scores to no avail. Its all good and thanks for the well wishes :)

Anyone that's supposed to interview on Friday worried about traveling with the hurricane?

Anyone that's supposed to interview on Friday worried about traveling with the hurricane?

Many flights into some areas of florida are cancelled for today maybe tomorrow. Unless your driving, but who knows exactly where it will hit. Call them and see!

I just received "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made". What does this mean lol? I'm panicking

Accepted!! Interviewed 9/30

Reactions: 3 users
I just received "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made". What does this mean lol? I'm panicking
I'm pretty sure that just means your app is complete and they'll give you an update once a decision is made.

Ok so I'm in the USF's MS for medical science program. My required letters and credits has changed to "Waiting for Grade Update / email fall grades to [email protected]" . Has anyone received this? Am I supposed to update them when I am done with the Fall?

So did we figure out why they have two different messages that are given out? "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days." Vs "The Admissions Committee has mad a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" what is the difference and why is there two different ones?

So did we figure out why they have two different messages that are given out? "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days." Vs "The Admissions Committee has mad a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" what is the difference and why is there two different ones?
I think the first one is Pre-II while the second is Post-II

If I remember correctly from previous posts, this is basically "we are re-reviewing your application to match it against other current applicants." Not a rejection so you are still in the running

Has anyone from the 9/28 interview date gotten their decisions? I thought we had that option of hearing back this week.

I think the first one is Pre-II while the second is Post-II

If I remember correctly from previous posts, this is basically "we are re-reviewing your application to match it against other current applicants." Not a rejection so you are still in the running
Oh, well I guess I just have to wait :(. Did you apply here?

Is there a "LECOM-Bradenton class of 2021" Facebook page yet for people who were accepted?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II just now! Weird on a Sunday...Also, the email already scheduled my interview date for 10/14 (very soon)! Of course I will go and am excited! But does anyone know if they are receptive to rescheduling?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten a formal rejection in the mail yet?

II just now! Weird on a Sunday...Also, the email already scheduled my interview date for 10/14 (very soon)! Of course I will go and am excited! But does anyone know if they are receptive to rescheduling?
That does seem odd. I received an II via email a couple weeks ago. I had quite a few options to decide on a date and the earliest was either 10/24 or 10/31. I am interviewing 11/18 because of traveling all over for other interviews that were already scheduled. I wonder if it's possible that someone cancelled their interview and the school wanted to get you in right away.

That does seem odd. I received an II via email a couple weeks ago. I had quite a few options to decide on a date and the earliest was either 10/24 or 10/31. I am interviewing 11/18 because of traveling all over for other interviews that were already scheduled. I wonder if it's possible that someone cancelled their interview and the school wanted to get you in right away.
That's what I'm thinking

anyone that interviewed at LECOM-B last Friday October 7th opt in for early decision and receive any kind of notification today?

I also got the mysterious "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days" .....the wait begins

I also got the mysterious "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days" .....the wait begins
when did you get this file change? when did you interview? did you select early decision?

If you got this post-II, you can call the admissions office and they can tell you your decision over the phone instead of waiting for snail mail

I got this pre-interview....probably a rejection from what I'm seeing

How long is it taking you guys to hear about anything post secondary submission? Got the complete e-mail since 9/6 and nada so far.

II today. Schedueld for December 2nd.
Stats: MCAT 505; sGPA 3.56 ;cGPA 3.4
RN for three years in a level II trauma center emergency deparment. Blah blah blah.

Reactions: 1 users
II today. Schedueld for December 2nd.
Stats: MCAT 505; sGPA 3.56 ;cGPA 3.4
RN for three years in a level II trauma center emergency deparment. Blah blah blah.

Congrats!
When were you complete?

Is there anyone else on here who submitted around June or July and are still under review? Because with people submitting in August and September and hearing from LECOM soon after, I'm worried something is wrong.

I'm in the same boat as you. Submitted both LECOM and LECOM-B in late July and nothing but silence. My LizzyM is ~60 so maybe they are going through the higher GPA/MCAT first and working backwards. I have recieved 2 II's from other schools so I'm not too worried.

P.S. Did anyone notice the interview portal update with a bunch of new dates including the opportunity to interview in California? The portal is down but I believe it was at CSU-Fullerton. I am from CA and even if I got an II, I would still want to go to LECOM campus itself in order to absorb the surroundings. I can't imagine going to my future medical school for the first time during orientation week.

Declined my offer of acceptance!! Good luck everyone :)

I'm in the same boat as you. Submitted both LECOM and LECOM-B in late July and nothing but silence. My LizzyM is ~60 so maybe they are going through the higher GPA/MCAT first and working backwards. I have recieved 2 II's from other schools so I'm not too worried.

P.S. Did anyone notice the interview portal update with a bunch of new dates including the opportunity to interview in California? The portal is down but I believe it was at CSU-Fullerton. I am from CA and even if I got an II, I would still want to go to LECOM campus itself in order to absorb the surroundings. I can't imagine going to my future medical school for the first time during orientation week.
Which other schools do you have IIs with if you don't mind me asking? My LizzyM is ~63 so I'm getting nervous since I haven't heard back from anywhere yet. :(

Which other schools do you have IIs with if you don't mind me asking? My LizzyM is ~64 so I'm getting nervous since I haven't heard back from anywhere yet. :(

BCOM and CUSOM

My advice is to remain patient. The cycle is still young. Even though it seems like everyone is getting II's, remember it is just the nature of SDN.

Got my formal rejection letter in the mail. Idk why it took them so long to say "sorry we don't want to interview you"

Which other schools do you have IIs with if you don't mind me asking? My LizzyM is ~63 so I'm getting nervous since I haven't heard back from anywhere yet. :(
Each school is different, some school's place more emphasis on experiences than MCAT and GPA as long as you meet the minimum criteria. I was surprised I got an II from here 9 days after my secondary was processed.

Same thing happened to me, I was already scheduled for the next friday when I got the interview . I live close by so I just took the date, but I asked other interviewees and they said they were able to choose their date. I personally think its just a glitch. I'm sure they would be receptive to rescheduling.

Same thing happened to me, I was already scheduled for the next friday when I got the interview . I live close by so I just took the date, but I asked other interviewees and they said they were able to choose their date. I personally think its just a glitch. I'm sure they would be receptive to rescheduling.
haha I already went