Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II this morning, 9/26. The earliest date seemed to be Jan. 2nd.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rescheduled to February 2nd. That is going to be an interesting travel experience then.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My portal just changed to a decision has been made. I interviewed Sept 2 and chose the regular decision.

Does anyone remember the regular decision date that they start mailing it out? Does Nov. 14 sound right?

It would be nice to have the option but as of now I am leaning towards another school.

My portal just changed to a decision has been made. I interviewed Sept 2 and chose the regular decision.

Does anyone remember the regular decision date that they start mailing it out? Does Nov. 14 sound right?

It would be nice to have the option but as of now I am leaning towards another school.
I interviewed Oct 12 but we didn't get any option. However I have heard Nov 14

For all the bad press this schools interview day and format gets I was happy with the experience. The faculty were all pleasant and the current students were very helpful.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at Seton Hill on Nov. 1 and my portal changed this morning to a decision has been made. I thought waiting for the portal to change was torture... this is even worse!

:unsure:

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed at Seton Hill on Nov. 1 and my portal changed this morning to a decision has been made. I thought waiting for the portal to change was torture... this is even worse!

:unsure:
I interviewed October 12. Curious where are you from.

Interviewed September 30th and still no portal change on a decision

Are you all Seton hill interviewees? Interviewed September 23rd and still nothing..

Reactions: 1 user
Currently an Alaska resident but from outside of Philadelphia originally
Oh wow that's cool! I'm wondering if they send them out by distance cause I live 20 minutes from seton hill and if decisions go out Monday it would make sense.

I interviewed at SH but opted for Erie PBL as my first option (SH PBL 2nd option); does anybody know if both my campuses will change or if just Erie will just change or how that works?

I'm sure I'l find out in the next week or two (interviewed a month ago) but thought I'd see if anybody with experience in this type of thing knows how that usually plays out.

Interviewed here on September 2nd and chose regular decision. My portal says a decision has been made and I'll receive it in the mail within 30 days.....if a decision is made, then why not just post it online?? :thinking: :shrug:

Interviewed here on September 2nd and chose regular decision. My portal says a decision has been made and I'll receive it in the mail within 30 days.....if a decision is made, then why not just post it online?? :thinking: :shrug:
Because what's more fun than checking your mail every five minutes!? :)

Reactions: 3 users
I ranked the individual based learning as my #1, then PBL at Erie, Lecture based at Erie, and then PBL at SH. If that's what you're asking?

Thanks! I interviewed sept 23rd and did early decision, but a decision hasn't been made yet. I was just wondering if maybe the pathway choice has to do with how quickly someone hears back. Im thinking maybe they get through reviewing directed study applicants faster because a less people opt for that choice.

Thanks! I interviewed sept 23rd and did early decision, but a decision hasn't been made yet. I was just wondering if maybe the pathway choice has to do with how quickly someone hears back. Im thinking maybe they get through reviewing directed study applicants faster because a less people opt for that choice.

Nope I chose that too interviewed September 30th and still no portal change

I feel like this is one of those episodes of dragon ball z where we wait for 10 episodes before they actually fight

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone who interviewed on October 12 have a portal change?

Interviewed September 30th with no change yet
Anyone in the same boat?

Hey at least they told you guys a vague timeframe, my group was given no clue as to when we might hear back. I've been reading the '15/'16 thread to try and guess!

Hey at least they told you guys a vague timeframe, my group was given no clue as to when we might hear back. I've been reading the '15/'16 thread to try and guess!
Same here seemed like anytime in November for last year.

Reactions: 1 user
Interview invite finally ! And on my birthday I am so happy ! :)

Reactions: 9 users