Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So who will be our noble champion and call admissions for all of us

Reactions: 4 users
I have given up hope- Interview was 8-31 for APAP and elected early decision. still have not had portal change. They just say that they are working on it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have given up hope- Interview was 8-31 for APAP and elected early decision. still have not had portal change. They just say that they are working on it.
I feel like everyone on here is on a complete meltdown waiting haha. xD

Reactions: 1 users
I Also interviewed for APAP. Still waiting. I would think you would've heard back by now. Guess I still have some more time to go

It's Nov 15th. My portal hasn't changed. Anyone with a portal change?

Interviewed on 09/30, my portal changed yesterday to "Your application is under review," which I believe it said before the interview was even given to me... lol

So who will be our noble champion and call admissions for all of us

I tried... The woman I spoke with said she would check my status and tell me what the decision was over the phone (my portal changed to a decision has been made last week). She then said she had to talk to someone to see what this means (whatever my status said?). Then I heard her say to someone else "yeah, but we can't tell her that", then she came back to the phone and told me she couldn't tell me yes or no...

That=bad news, right? :(

Last edited:
I tried... The woman I spoke with said she would check my status and tell me what the decision was (my portal changed to a decision has been made last week), then said she had to talk to someone to see what this means, I heard her say "yeah, but we can't tell her that", then come back to the phone and tell me she can't tell me either way and to wait for a letter.

Not necessarily! I'm guessing they have some policy against telling you over the phone regardless of decision.

I tried... The woman I spoke with said she would check my status and tell me what the decision was (my portal changed to a decision has been made last week), then said she had to talk to someone to see what this means, I heard her say "yeah, but we can't tell her that", then come back to the phone and tell me she can't tell me either way and to wait for a letter.

If you don't mind me asking. When was your interview? Been waiting for my
Portal status to change for about two months now.

at my interview on Sept. 2 they said they would not tell us of the decision over the phone or over email. They also said that they would send out the letters on Nov 14 or pretty close to then. I'm not sure how good they are at staying on time. I'm also not sure if your portal has to change before the letter is sent?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on 09/30, my portal changed yesterday to "Your application is under review," which I believe it said before the interview was even given to me... lol

lmao maybe you'll get invited to interview again.

This is your somewhat regular reminder that Portal messages/timing mean NOTHING and obsessing over it is an understandable choice but not doing you any good. Sleep, study for your classes, find a hobby, read a book, watch Netflix, binge Westworld and try to decide what characters are Hosts-- pretty much anything is going to be a better use of your time! Hang in there all!

I've gotten a few PMs about airports and interviews so here's the scoop there:
--Erie: Erie has an airport, but flights to it tend to be infrequent and pricey. If you have the ability to rent a car, you're probably better off flying into Cleveland, Buffalo or Pittsburgh.
--Seton Hill: there is a small airport in nearby Latrobe, but flights are very limited (only Spirit Airlines, and only from a few cities). Pittsburgh is the closest major airport. Renting a car is going to be your best bet, but there is an airport shuttle. It's probably possible to take public transportation from the airport to Pittsburgh and then to Greensburg, but I don't know anyone who's ever gone that route because it would take forever.

Reactions: 2 users
This is your somewhat regular reminder that Portal messages/timing mean NOTHING and obsessing over it is an understandable choice but not doing you any good. Sleep, study for your classes, find a hobby, read a book, watch Netflix, binge Westworld and try to decide what characters are Hosts-- pretty much anything is going to be a better use of your time! Hang in there all!

I've gotten a few PMs about airports and interviews so here's the scoop there:
--Erie: Erie has an airport, but flights to it tend to be infrequent and pricey. If you have the ability to rent a car, you're probably better off flying into Cleveland, Buffalo or Pittsburgh.
--Seton Hill: there is a small airport in nearby Latrobe, but flights are very limited (only Spirit Airlines, and only from a few cities). Pittsburgh is the closest major airport. Renting a car is going to be your best bet, but there is an airport shuttle. It's probably possible to take public transportation from the airport to Pittsburgh and then to Greensburg, but I don't know anyone who's ever gone that route because it would take forever.

I flew into Erie (Very small airport and yes, layover both ways beforehand) and just used Uber to get around the city while I was in town. Overall it didn't really cost too much to do so, and I would consider it as an option as well.

Is it normal/not a horrible sign if we still haven't heard back about an II? I actually applied only to this school very late last year as a last minute decision and got an II and was waitlisted within a month. I actually applied early this year but haven't heard back in almost three months during which I've been "under review"..

I scheduled for feb but would like to go earlier is there some way to know if something were to open up sooner ?

I scheduled for feb but would like to go earlier is there some way to know if something were to open up sooner ?

I'm sorry if this is off topic, but i noticed your user name is PAtoDO so i was just wondering what it was that made you want to pursue becoming a DO after you became a PA?

I'm sorry if this is off topic, but i noticed your user name is PAtoDO so i was just wondering what it was that made you want to pursue becoming a DO after you became a PA?
Lecom has a PA pathway so it attracts a lot of PAs. Feel free to pm me if you want to talk more I don't want to hijack this thread. :)

Any portal updates?? I thought decisions were supposed to go out on the 15th.

Any portal updates?? I thought decisions were supposed to go out on the 15th.

Nope. Almost 2 months post interview...and I thought I was signing up for early acceptance too..

Mine said a decision was made and I'd get a letter within 30 days.

And just opened my acceptance letter! Will be attending somewhere else though but still feels good to know I interviewed well. It was my first interview. Good luck to those on the wait list!

Reactions: 4 users
And here I am again fighting the urge to just leave work and go check the mail like a crazy person... my days have never felt so slow!!

Interview on 12/12 @ Seton Hill!!! Anyone else interviewing on this date at this location? I'm from the Greensburg area and I can help navigate around town.

Reactions: 2 users
So is everybody getting their letters now? I haven't gotten mine yet... @DOCzilla15 did you get anything??

Nothing yet here but I live in the West so maybe it will take a day or two longer?

Edit: Erie campus. After receiving an acceptance in my home state I will likely be withdrawing but am interested to see what the decision is because this was my first interview and I felt that it didn't go too great.

Last edited:
So is everybody getting their letters now? I haven't gotten mine yet... @DOCzilla15 did you get anything??
I have not gotten anything yet. I was accepted to AT Still a couple days ago so I haven't been too invested in checking my portal anymore
But yeah no mail

I have not gotten anything yet. I was accepted to AT Still a couple days ago so I haven't been too invested in checking my portal anymore
But yeah no mail
Also I'm from Chicago if that helps gauge distance and timing

Nothing here yet either. At least we're all anxious together :)

I live 20 mins from seton hill no mail. Also no portal change

Last edited:
So acceptances are going out? Thats good to hear. Interviewed Sept. 17th. Still waiting on snail mail. My portal hasn't changed tho and still says "...you will be notified when the committee makes a decision." :(

So acceptances are going out? Thats good to hear. Interviewed Sept. 17th. Still waiting on snail mail. My portal hasn't changed tho and still says "...you will be notified when the committee makes a decision." :(
Interview October 12 mine says congratulations you've been selected for an interview

I wouldn't expect to get anything until it says "A decision has been made..."

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Accepted! :)

Interviewed 9/14, got the letter today.

Reactions: 3 users