Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 9/23, waited 4 months to hear back. Got my letter today aaaaaand..... alternate list.

Looks like I'll be doing a little more waiting lol.

Anyone have any information on LECOMs alternate list? I'd honestly love to go here. What are the chances of acceptance off the alternate list? And when do people on the alt list start hearing back for final decisions?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm sorry to hear that, but may I ask which state you're from?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also does anyone know when the next wave of decisions get sent out? My II was earlier this week and I'd like to know the decision turn-around because it looks like the class size is almost full.

Also does anyone know when the next wave of decisions get sent out? My II was earlier this week and I'd like to know the decision turn-around because it looks like the class size is almost full.

They told me when I interviewed that they meet every Wednesday and try to get through as many applications as they can. I was also told I would receive something within 30 days (whether waitlisted, accepted, or rejected). I am still waiting and my II was 9/2. I still know people from September still waiting.

They told me when I interviewed that they meet every Wednesday and try to get through as many applications as they can. I was also told I would receive something within 30 days (whether waitlisted, accepted, or rejected). I am still waiting and my II was 9/2. I still know people from September still waiting.

I see. Thanks! Does anyone know how full the class sizes are at the Erie and SH campuses?

Is there anybody that has spoken with someone at the school or maybe a student that can explain why people seem to be hearing back in such an odd order post-interview? There are people that interviewed in December that have heard back already and what seems like a handful of people from September that haven't heard back yet.

I'm not frustrated or anything, I'm genuinely interested as to how their system works lol.

Is there anybody that has spoken with someone at the school or maybe a student that can explain why people seem to be hearing back in such an odd order post-interview? There are people that interviewed in December that have heard back already and what seems like a handful of people from September that haven't heard back yet.

I'm not frustrated or anything, I'm genuinely interested as to how their system works lol.

I called them and spoke to them recently. They said my file "should have gone back" and acted all sketchy like they lost it or something hahaha maybe the lost the file folder with September interviews or something lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
finally heard back from my 9/30 interview. alt-listed. anyone know the chances of getting in from the alt-list? :(

finally heard back from my 9/30 interview. alt-listed. anyone know the chances of getting in from the alt-list? :(
Alt list as well. What I've read is that they start pulling from the list around April. Apparently they take a large number. Not sure how true this is. But it seems that for every 1 acceptance there's like 10 alt list

Reactions: 1 users
Getting alt-listed this early should give a better chance to get pulled off at a later date.

Anybody receive a decision in the mail post-interview without a portal change?

You think a 499 MCAT with a cGPA of 3.71 would keep me out of the running entirely?
No. Those were averages. You're way above the average for GPA, and around the average for MCAT. So, I think you're good.

I have a feeling a ton of people will hear back Thursday. All the papers were due monday to hold your spot and someone above said the committee meets Wednesday

Reactions: 2 users
I completed my secondary in early August and still haven't heard back. My portal has just said under review the whole time. Anyone else in the same boat? I'm an in-state re-applicant with 3.4 cGPA and 32 MCAT, so maybe the GPA is holding me back?

I don't understand why
I completed my secondary in early August and still haven't heard back. My portal has just said under review the whole time. Anyone else in the same boat? I'm an in-state re-applicant with 3.4 cGPA and 32 MCAT, so maybe the GPA is holding me back?
Did you apply with those same stats? their average gpa at lecom is 3.4

BTW in the same boat

I don't understand why

BTW in the same boat

My cGPA was slightly lower last year (3.3), but have been taking some more classes. MCAT has been the same.

Someone that goes there told me they are heavy on healthcare experience. I got an interview in Sep and I was complete in July with 2,000 hours as a tech in the ER.

Someone that goes there told me they are heavy on healthcare experience. I got an interview in Sep and I was complete in July with 2,000 hours as a tech in the ER.
Does shadowing 4 doctors and volunteering count as Healthcare experience?

Yeah, I have a ton of that. Worked as a patient safety assistant for a couple hundred hours and have been working the last 2 years full time as a clinical research fellow. Along with the typical shadowing, volunteering, etc

Interviewed 11/12 just got a portal change. Anyone who's gotten a decision and a letter know if the letters actually take a month to arrive?

Interviewed 11/12 just got a portal change. Anyone who's gotten a decision and a letter know if the letters actually take a month to arrive?

Should take a week or less.. I think it means they just sent it out

So I have been complete since early August and my addmission is still under review all this time. Should I just lose hope?

just got a portal update to decision has been made... interviewed in november

portal changed to a decision has been made. Interviewed in Early November

Interviewed mid December in Erie just now portal changed to decision has been made !

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
10/12 interview group at Seton Hill, but opted as Erie for my first choice; portal change! Woo!

I don't understand why

BTW in the same boat

Yeah, I have a ton of that. Worked as a patient safety assistant for a couple hundred hours and have been working the last 2 years full time as a clinical research fellow. Along with the typical shadowing, volunteering, etc

So I have been complete since early August and my addmission is still under review all this time. Should I just lose hope?

I was complete in September. 3.6/3.8/508 Registered Nurse, still under review.

To everyone getting portal updates, did you get an email along with it? Or are you just checking it every so often?

Hi all ! I couldn't find a Facebook group for the class so I just went ahead and made one. Feel free to join :)

I read earlier in this thread that for those with portal changes they could contact admissions to find out the decision before their letter came, anyone know if thats true or is it better to just wait for the mail?
That's not true they will tell you to wait

Interviewed on 11/11 and just got a portal change saying a decision has been made. Does LECOM call people to tell them that they are accepted and only send mail if you are waitlisted or rejected? Or does everyone receive a decision in the mail regardless of their status?