Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed on 11/11 and just got a portal change saying a decision has been made. Does LECOM call people to tell them that they are accepted and only send mail if you are waitlisted or rejected? Or does everyone receive a decision in the mail regardless of their status?

All via snail mail.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed on 11/11 and just got a portal change saying a decision has been made. Does LECOM call people to tell them that they are accepted and only send mail if you are waitlisted or rejected? Or does everyone receive a decision in the mail regardless of their status?

If you get an interview, they will send you mail after they change your portal to "decision made." If you don't get an interview, they will do a silent rejection.

Interviewed 9/23, waited 4 months to hear back. Got my letter today aaaaaand..... alternate list.

Looks like I'll be doing a little more waiting lol.

Anyone have any information on LECOMs alternate list? I'd honestly love to go here. What are the chances of acceptance off the alternate list? And when do people on the alt list start hearing back for final decisions?

I also interviewed that day but I haven't heard back yet... =/

Members don't see this ad :)
They stress that they do not give notice over the phone. A friend called multiple times and they just told him to sit tight until he received his letter.

I know the committee meets every Wednesday. What day do they usually update the portals? I interviewed 9/2 and I'm still waiting

We both interviewed the same day in September. He finally got his decision late November. I am waiting for my letter after my portal change this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Declined my interview here. Good luck all.

Reactions: 1 users
In case anyone is interested, for last year's class (class of 2020), the incoming stats were cGPA = 3.4, sGPA = 3.3 nsGPA = 3.6 oldMCAT = 28, newMCAT = 501
Where did you get this from?

How long does it usually take from portal change until you receive the physical letter ? I really hope we don't have to wait the whole 30 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its crazy how everyone on this forum has 30+mcats and 3.7+gpa

Some people may be lying and those who aren't generally get in other places and go there instead. The schools stats are also in the FAQs section on the lecom website!

Some people may be lying and those who aren't generally get in other places and go there instead. The schools stats are also in the FAQs section on the lecom website!
Ya I think some people are lying without a doubt lmao. I feel like chit because I have not received an interview with 3.77sci gpa/3.69overall/500mcat with a 4.0 last two years

Ya I think some people are lying without a doubt lmao. I feel like chit because I have not received an interview with 3.77sci gpa/3.69overall/500mcat with a 4.0 last two years

How many schools did you apply to and when did you apply?

How many schools did you apply to and when did you apply?
Applied to all the texas schools(no luck). Applied to four DO schools and was complete in October. I had an interview for the William Carey on the 30th but they had a tornado there and wiped out the campus and they are closed indefinitely. I would love to attend either Lecom campus though

Applied to all the texas schools(no luck). Applied to four DO schools and was complete in October. I had an interview for the William Carey on the 30th but they had a tornado there and wiped out the campus and they are closed indefinitely. I would love to attend either Lecom campus though

Well hopefully lecom says yes!

Interviewed Dec. 2nd, 3.2/511 (repping for the **** GPA crew). Just checked portal today and saw that a decision has been made, not sure exactly when that happened but hopefully I'll get that letter within the week. I'll update with letter results and answer any questions.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know the percentage of LECOM (Erie specifically) applicants interviewed vs accepted?

Interviewed Dec. 2nd, 3.2/511 (repping for the **** GPA crew). Just checked portal today and saw that a decision has been made, not sure exactly when that happened but hopefully I'll get that letter within the week. I'll update with letter results and answer any questions.
You applied to PA or Florida campus?

All those getting waitlisted, which pathway did y'all specify as your first?

Hmm. I chose PBL Erie. I was wondering if just one of them had been filled, it seems there isn't really a pattern.

I also haven't gotten my letter yet. So I'll update y'all when that happens.

For those that got accepted. The letter package is big right, not standard size envelope. Just trying to let my tenants know how it's describe it to me haha.

For those that got accepted. The letter package is big right, not standard size envelope. Just trying to let my tenants know how it's describe it to me haha.
My acceptance letter was a typical envelope. Other documentation was provided through email after I paid the deposit.

waitlisted, chose lecture based pathway at Erie. but i declined LECOM Bradenton a month before, so wondering if that's why they WL me...oh well not sure, but I will be removing myself! good luck everyone:luck: