Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is my irregular reminder that portal timing means nothing.

(If you get accepted, remember that when it comes to waiting for exam grades, too).

Best of luck to all of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
People who got interviews... could you please tell me how much time passed from the "your file is under review message" to the date you were invited for interview. Also please provide your stats if you are comfortable with that. Thanks so much!

Hi everyone, I interviewed 2/16 and received a portal change today!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! Which Campus? Also how did you find out? I've interviewed at SH and yesterday I had a portal change saying that I will get a letter in 30 days...

Erie for the LDP. I actually found out through email. Since I interviewed in 9/2 and had a situation with whether to sign a new lease with my current apartment or not, she scanned my letter and sent it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

interviewed 2/10, my portal changed from "thank you for interviewing ...etc" to "under review". Did everyone get the same portal change or was it "a decision has been made"? Did anyone else get the same change or know what this means?Thanks and congrats on the acceptances people!

interviewed 2/10, my portal changed from "thank you for interviewing ...etc" to "under review". Did everyone get the same portal change or was it "a decision has been made"? Did anyone else get the same change or know what this means?Thanks and congrats on the acceptances people!

I got the same message after I interviewed too. Mine changed to "the committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made" about two weeks after. Then, before I got the decision, it changed to "a decision has been made."

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 2/24, Portal Change 2/28, letter received in mail 3/3

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 2/24, Portal Change 2/28, letter received in mail 3/3

What did your portal change to? My interview was the same day and I still have " Thank you for interviewing at the Erie Campus, you will be notifed when the committee makes a decision on your application."

What did your portal change to? My interview was the same day and I still have " Thank you for interviewing at the Erie Campus, you will be notifed when the committee makes a decision on your application."
It changed to say that a decision has been made and to expect a letter within 30 days

Got it, thanks for clarifying!
No problem. Hopefully you get the change soon. I know it can vary depending on how quickly your group interviewers provide their feedback, etc. Good news is that there are still spots available :)

Portal Changed last Wednesday. Got the letter today. Accepted to Seton Hill!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone have any idea how we pay the second deposit that is due by April 1st? It is listed on my requirements, but no directions or forms accompany it.

Does anyone have any idea how we pay the second deposit that is due by April 1st? It is listed on my requirements, but no directions or forms accompany it.
same way you did the first I'm assuming

Interviewed on 1/27, just got a portal change today!

Interviewed 1/13. I got a portal change today.

If you don't mind me asking, did you get in?
I did! So excited, my first acceptance of the cycle. Just when I thought all hope was lost. Good luck to everyone waiting, good news is hopefully coming :soexcited:

Reactions: 4 users
Erie for the LDP. I actually found out through email. Since I interviewed in 9/2 and had a situation with whether to sign a new lease with my current apartment or not, she scanned my letter and sent it to me.

Accepted today! Interview 2/6! Super excited

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats? I am still waiting.
I dunno, I swear every student on SDN has like 3.9 and 515 GPA. Lets just say that's not me! I do have a doctorate degree and years of clinical experience/ direct patient care. My MCAT was above the 50th percentile. I got my letter exactly 30 days after interview.

I think LECOM does a good job of looking at the whole applicant. I got right at the 50% for the MCAT but had a really good GPA and a lot of healthcare experience. I know people with much higher stats that were waitlisted/rejected.

I think LECOM does a good job of looking at the whole applicant. I got right at the 50% for the MCAT but had a really good GPA and a lot of healthcare experience. I know people with much higher stats that were waitlisted/rejected.

They're so holistic that I'm convinced I'll be "under review" forever.

Reactions: 2 users
They're so holistic that I'm convinced I'll be "under review" forever.

+1

I know what they say about assuming, but I really was expecting at least a II from LECOM. 509 MCAT, 3.5 gpa. 6 years in the county emergency system, including last three years as a EMT, ER tech, psych tech, and worked in a leadership role in a urgent care department.

Complete in early October and I sent a letter of interest in January. I thought about calling or sending another email, but don't want to be too pushy.... :-/

Reactions: 3 users
does anyone know if LECOM Erie has a simulation lab?

Did you interview at Erie? I interviewed 1/13 and haven't heard back. Anyone else in the 1/13 II group hear back? I called the Admissions office today and no one picked up the phone. :/

I also interviewed at Erie on 1/13 and noticed today that my portal has changed. Hopefully yours has too!

Interviewed 1/13 at Erie and was accepted. I got my letter in the mail three days after my portal changed.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed in the beginning of February and received my acceptance letter today! Anyone know if the deposit has to be there by the due date or postmarked by the due date?

I got my acceptance letter in the mail today. I interviewed on February 7 in Erie. My deposit is due on the 20th. But I'm not accepting it.

Last edited:
Anyone know when the 02/24 Interview group will hear back?

They meet once a week (every Wed) to go through as many files as they can. I was told that usually around the deadline for the last group to send in deposits, they start updating portals and sending out decisions for the next group. It seems like this happens every month or so. I just found out and my deadline to send in my deposit is March 17. Hope this helps!

I interviewed 9/2 and found out 3/3.

They meet once a week (every Wed) to go through as many files as they can. I was told that usually around the deadline for the last group to send in deposits, they start updating portals and sending out decisions for the next group. It seems like this happens every month or so. I just found out and my deadline to send in my deposit is March 17. Hope this helps!

I interviewed 9/2 and found out 3/3.
do they update portal for accepted people first or how does it work? does anyone know

I interviewed on 1/20 and I still haven't heard back. It's going to be a month soon. Shouldn't they already have made a decision by now? I'm so nervous. I feel like this long wait means I will most likely get rejected.
did u hear back?

I just got an email today from an admissions recruiter telling me about how they accept the AIS score instead of/with a low MCAT. I took the mcat 1/28 and got a 497 and was planning to retake it in June and apply MD/DO for the next cycle...would it be worth it to try to scramble an app together in the next two weeks if I have an "eligible" AIS score? Or is it way too late in the cycle and completely unrealistic?

Stats: cGPA - 3.47
sGPA: 3.3
MCAT: 497 AIS score: 122
>1000 paid clinical hours, plenty of volunteering/shadowing/leadership experience etc.