Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can I get summa dat luck? Waiting on LECOM and AZCOM
lmao I'm literally in the same boat as you mfrey. On the AZCOM waitlist as well. GOOD LUCK!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah :(. I'm already ready for the next cycle. Third times the charm. Though I really did fall in love with LECOM when I interviewed. I was expecting to dislike it based on the hate it gets but I felt at home there oddly enough.
Damn, third times the charm for me too, hopefully. Rough life.

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone has their heart set on LECOM I highly suggest applying to the post bacc. If you are taking another year now to apply next cycle might as well spend your time in a program that has a great linkage to their medical school (as long as you meet the requirements).

If anyone has their heart set on LECOM I highly suggest applying to the post bacc. If you are taking another year now to apply next cycle might as well spend your time in a program that has a great linkage to their medical school (as long as you meet the requirements).
Yeah, I was considering it, but it was too late by the time I interviewed :(. Well maybe next year if it doesn't work out

Yeah, I was considering it, but it was too late by the time I interviewed :(. Well maybe next year if it doesn't work out

The deadline to apply is August 1st, so you still have another month to apply to start in September.

I just got off the waitlist for Seton Hill!!! I just got the email!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Well, I wish you luck! On reddit, everyone I wished luck to has gotten off the waitlist so hopefully I still have some good juju left! Let us know if you hear anything!

Your luck worked!!!! I got off the waitlist!!! I just got the email!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Did you still have to wait on snail mail or at this point are they just calling people?

Members don't see this ad :)

YAY I'VE STILL GOT IT. Now if it only worked for me :/. Cest la Vie Thanks for making my day!

YAY I'VE STILL GOT IT. Now if it only worked for me :/. Cest la Vie Thanks for making my day!

Haha well let's hope my luck will work on you! Good luck!!!

congratulations!!! please pass some of that luck here too lol :)
so happy that the wait paid off for you!

Well, I wish you luck! On reddit, everyone I wished luck to has gotten off the waitlist so hopefully I still have some good juju left! Let us know if you hear anything!
I need some luck please lecom is my only waitlist !

hey wanna give me some good luck too? :)

Has anyone heard of any movement on the bradenton wait-list lately? still hoping to get the call

I got my acceptance from the waitlist yesterday. They're giving me until July 5th to send in my deposit and signed matriculation agreement. I'm going to assume the others that got accepted have similar conditions

I got my acceptance from the waitlist yesterday. They're giving me until July 5th to send in my deposit and signed matriculation agreement. I'm going to assume the others that got accepted have similar conditions

Are you accepting ?

Are you accepting ?

Yeah I sent my deposit and stuff today. This was the only place I got into so no choice! Hahah it also happened to be my top choice so it kinda worked out!

Yeah I sent my deposit and stuff today. This was the only place I got into so no choice! Hahah it also happened to be my top choice so it kinda worked out!

Happy for you esp being your first choice !

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you still on the waitlist (or the people who've been accepted off of it), have you been calling Amy Rowe to update your application/inform them of your ongoing interest, or have you been calling admissions in general? I've been sending email updates every so often, but I wanted to do a little more.

For those of you still on the waitlist (or the people who've been accepted off of it), have you been calling Amy Rowe to update your application/inform them of your ongoing interest, or have you been calling admissions in general? I've been sending email updates every so often, but I wanted to do a little more.

I called them a few times, but they don't give any new information. I also sent two LOIs. Calling them isn't a bad idea, but it seems like the best option is to hang tight and look for backups.

if you call often they may not like it..

Got off the wait list at Midwestern!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Someone got off the waitlist yesterday. They just posted on the LECOM at Seton Hill page asking for living situations.

I would appreciate a good luck charm as well if you have some left :)
LECOM Pharmacy applicant here
Waiting list at Erie since March
Bradenton had a grade discrepency that I was unaware of that I recently resolved ( found professor from 4 yrs ago). Hopefully reconsideration of my application is in the works.
Overall GPA: 3.3
Sci GPA: 2.9 ( a bit low i know,kind of struggled earlier)
Math GPA:3.85
Overall Non-Sci GPA: 3.78
BS Biology
Overcame a misdiagnosed disease phase during the cycle immensely grateful!

I just need a miracle, and I wish you as well as the others Goodluck now and in you guys future endeavors!

I would appreciate a good luck charm as well if you have some left :)
LECOM Pharmacy applicant here
Waiting list at Erie since March
Bradenton had a grade discrepency that I was unaware of that I recently resolved ( found professor from 4 yrs ago). Hopefully reconsideration of my application is in the works.
Overall GPA: 3.3
Sci GPA: 2.9 ( a bit low i know,kind of struggled earlier)
Math GPA:3.85
Overall Non-Sci GPA: 3.78
BS Biology
Overcame a misdiagnosed disease phase during the cycle immensely grateful!

I just need a miracle, and I wish you as well as the others Goodluck now and in you guys future endeavors!

Good Luck :) I'll be rooting for you. May I ask what disease you had?

Good Luck :) I'll be rooting for you. May I ask what disease you had?

Thank you, you're so kind!! :) It was called Chron's disease and currently there is no cure for it.

if you call often they may not like it..
Oh yeah, I don't plan to call often or anything. I sent a LOI a while back, and I figured I would just check in over something other than email.

Thank you, you're so kind!! :) It was called Chron's disease and currently there is no cure for it.
My brother has crohns :(. People don't realize how debilitating it can be. Good luck and stay healthy!

My brother has crohns :(. People don't realize how debilitating it can be. Good luck and stay healthy!

I'm sorry to hear that . Has he figured out what he can/ can't eat? I wouldn't recommend the medications ( dexilant or omeprazole) I felt worse taking those. I hope his pain eases and he can manage to stay strong. You as well! Thank you and I surely will!

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that, they gave me

I'm sorry to hear that . Has he figured out what he can/ can't eat? I wouldn't recommend the medications ( dexilant or omeprazole) I felt worse taking those. I hope his pain eases and he can manage to stay strong. You as well! Thank you and I surely will!
Yeah Has had it for a couple of years now, so he knows his triggers. Though he needs to quit smoking! :mad: He doesn't take the drugs for that very reason.

Yeah Has had it for a couple of years now, so he knows his triggers. Though he needs to quit smoking! :mad: He doesn't take the drugs for that very reason.
Yes, he seriously needs to for his immune system.Try to persuade him if you can or be the driving force to make him stop!

I called them a few times, but they don't give any new information. I also sent two LOIs. Calling them isn't a bad idea, but it seems like the best option is to hang tight and look for backups.

I am pretty sure they hate calling.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yes, he seriously needs to for his immune system.Try to persuade him if you can or be the driving force to make him stop!
Let's keep it on topic. We don't mind the conversation, but it dilutes this thread, so I would recommend either continuing it via PM or its own thread.

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody got off of the lecom-Erie waitlist recently?

Wondering the same... is there still any chance of being pulled off the waitlist in the next 2 weeks? :(

I'm pretty sure they will take like 1 more person before orientation. Seems to be the theme every year. Someone doesn't end up attending and they call someone! But don't count on it obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

have you guys recently contacted amy rowe? any updates on the waitlist movement?