Lake Erie

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rachel

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Can anyone write me back regarding the osteo school in Lake Erie? Any information at all would help. Thanks
Rachel

Members don't see this ad.

Well finally a fellow Lake Erie hopeful. I would love to answer any questions you may have about LECOM. I was accepted at LECOM way back in early October, and since have made LECOM my choice for next fall. I never heard a word from any other school I applied to, and each time I called , they give the same old BS story, so they can all go screw in my mind. Erie was the only school in my mind that looked at the whole applicant and not just the trivial numbers that do not mean squat. Do not get me wrong i ranked in the top 10% for GPA at Erie with a 3.5 undergrad and a 3.7 grad, but i lacked a lot in mcat scores. But what i missed in MCATS i made up in my real life experiences , and i think that was what erie liked the most. Well I would love to talkto you about the school, it's curriculum, faculty, etc.. anytime. Either e-mail me or leave me a note here. Mike

Rachel,
I was accepted to LECOM in the beginning of January. Since that time, I have had other interviews and decided to attend PCOM. As for my experiences at LECOM, they were very enjoyable. Actually, Lake Erie was my second choice overall. The atmosphere is professional (dress code) and the faculty seems to be genuinely concerned about their students (mandatory attendence policy). Since the school is relatively new, in its 7th year, the facilities are modern. The only drawback to the school is their recent arrival. Obviously it will take some time to build a solid reputation.

All in all, LECOM is a quality medical school and worthy of consideration.

One more thing...... it also helps if you like cold temperatures!

------------------

Keneth C.Plowey (PCOM '03)
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Rachel,

I was pretty much in the same boat as KennyP. I was accepted to LECOM in January and since then was accepted to CCOM as well. CCOM is best for me due to rotations, so I will be going there, but I actually had a tough choice because I was very impressed with LECOM. Even though it is young, and reputation small, I felt they were genuinely wanting to make it a great school, and friendly environment. I talked with some students and not one of them said one bad thing about the profs. There was even mention that they would come in on weekends to help out in the anatomy course. As mentioned the facilities are very modern. I actually liked that it was only one building because it meant everyone and everything was directed to the osteopathic students. Plus, even though it will be cold, the bay is very nice to be around, and I heard the fall and springs are beautiful. As I said, I really had a tough decision, and would have been very happy with going to this school.

Hope that helped,

Josh