Lamest jobs while we wait for med school to start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Uh, yeah, but if you know TT, he didnt just walk into the conversation. Its how all his posts are. It was supposed to be funny. Chill out a little and dont get so offended.

Kthx.

Listen brother, I wasn't even that offended because it's a pretty common thing to see that. But now that you mention it I've seen the Tri-Athlete's posts around and he seems like a very knowledgeable and nice guy. Didn't even notice who the original guy who said it was. Anyway, was just getting people to look at it from a different and hopefully thought-provoking angle. It's what I do. Gosh!

kthxbai

Members don't see this ad.

Not appropriate or funny. I used to work with the developmentally disabled and that word is not ok under any circumstances, even if you are just quoting some movie

a.) not some movie, an excellent movie.
b.) the reference reinforces the absurdity/inappropriateness of the statement via its presentation in the movie
c.) "word police" are the worst kind of PC idiots and they will ruin our society.
d.) no one here thinks that the mentally handicapped/developmentally disabled are "funny" in a malicious or insensitive way
e.) Use of the word "******" in a movie quote is not evidence to the contrary
f.) Unclench the anus a little bit.

Wow I missed all the stupidity that has accumulated on this thread. You people need some culture.

"I work with ******s" is from the movie "there's something about Mary"

Now I don't necessarily expect everybody to have seen that, but I do have to be skeptical of anyone whose first reaction to something like that is to demonstrate how self-righteous they are.

So to quote another ridiculous comedy... "There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?"

Members don't see this ad :)
"There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?"

"People dictate their own behavior."

Shame on your for using such an insensitive There's Something About Mary quote!

"I mean, what's your encore? Do you, like, anally rape my mother while pouring sugar in my gas tank?"

I am a glassware washer for a genetics firm. Its not bad because I have my own office. Well sort of , its got an autoclave, huge oven, and a dishwasher in it. But it does have a computer and no one at the company ever talks to me so I can surf and listen to the radio. Although when they are running experiments I am swamped with stuff to do. But since before I was unemployed for 5 months (BS in Cell Biology, yay) I'm really happy with actually having a job. :love:

I am working on the river by my house as a raft guide for one of my buddies. He owns a company, and its sweet. When I'm not there, I'm working at Starbucks, which is so ******ed sometimes. The people are just ignorant. But its funny to laugh at them and the high level of immaturity :).

And when I'm not paddling the river or pulling shots, I'm mountain biking and climbing at an indoor climbing gym we have here. w00t!! :D

You people need some culture.

"I work with ******s" is from the movie "there's something about Mary"

Now I don't necessarily expect everybody to have seen that, but

Now that you mention that, I did see that. It was incredibly stupid and a waste of my time. Thanks for reminding me of how it robbed my life of 2 hours I can never get back. :(

But then again, I knew going in that it was going to be a base humor comedy for *****s, and being super-intelligent it's hard to stay interested in ***** culture. :p

a.) not some movie, an excellent movie.
b.) the reference reinforces the absurdity/inappropriateness of the statement via its presentation in the movie
c.) "word police" are the worst kind of PC idiots and they will ruin our society.
d.) no one here thinks that the mentally handicapped/developmentally disabled are "funny" in a malicious or insensitive way
e.) Use of the word "******" in a movie quote is not evidence to the contrary
f.) Unclench the anus a little bit.

If you are turned on by bathroom humor, then it comes as no surprise to me that you do not see dergoratory words as being potientially harmful to society.
As far as the discussion regarding the word "******" not being as bad as other offensive words, please explain. Could it be that those who are handicapped are less able to stand up against these words?