language of letter of interest - too intense?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pkr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
after interviewing at ~7 schools, i sent one school a letter of interest with strong wording that made it clear that it was one of my top choices (i used wording like "one of the best..."). i did NOT say that i would attend if accepted. in my list of 15 schools, this school is in the top 3-4, so indeed it is one of my top choices, but probably not the very top choice that i would go to for sure. in the remaining ~4 interviews to go, i would go to 2 of those schools over the school that i sent a letter of interest to. do you think it would hurt my chances of acceptance at other schools that i sent one school a strong letter of interest?

Members don't see this ad.

after interviewing at ~7 schools, i sent one school a letter of interest with strong wording that made it clear that it was one of my top choices (i used wording like "one of the best..."). i did NOT say that i would attend if accepted. in my list of 15 schools, this school is in the top 3-4, so indeed it is one of my top choices, but probably not the very top choice that i would go to for sure. in the remaining ~4 interviews to go, i would go to 2 of those schools over the school that i sent a letter of interest to. do you think it would hurt my chances of acceptance at other schools that i sent one school a strong letter of interest?

No.