ucmd84

10+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Where do you guys get your laptop bags and cases? Do most folks prefer strapped cases to backpacks in med school?

OP
ucmd84

ucmd84

10+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm going to attend Yale this Fall for med school (90% sure).

I really want to get a leather laptop (suit)case that's sturdy so I can use it to carry my laptop, notes, and some miscellaneous items throughout med school. I'm hoping it will last so I can use it later as a business suitcase.

Any ideas?

southerndoc

life is good
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
Atlanta
Status
Attending Physician
I'm not a big fan of leather laptop cases. I'm actually a fan of Booq cases. Brenthaven also makes some good cases. Check those out, but I don't think they come in leather.

Welcome to Yale. Feel free to PM me if you have questions about housing.

OP
ucmd84

ucmd84

10+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm not a big fan of leather laptop cases. I'm actually a fan of Booq cases. Brenthaven also makes some good cases. Check those out, but I don't think they come in leather.

Welcome to Yale. Feel free to PM me if you have questions about housing.
Thanks. I'll check out Booq and Brenthaven. Were you a med student at Yale as well or just for residency?

Pegsie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
I used ebags.com. I also got a (measly) 3-4% discount from my credit card for ordering from them online (I have a Citi Dividend Merchant card).

SugPlum

10+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2007
???????
Status
Medical Student
I have a backpack and messenger bag that can carry laptops. I don't bring my laptop everyday. When I do bring my laptop, I put in the backpack. Since I also carry paper lecture handouts, the backpack makes it easier to deal with heavier loads. I do use the messenger bag with my laptop, but it is infrequent. I have noticed that it is easier to mess up the fabric on nice clothes with a rugged backpack than it is with a messenger bag.

10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2008
BF-MW, USA
Status
Medical Student
I have a backpack and messenger bag that can carry laptops. I don't bring my laptop everyday. When I do bring my laptop, I put in the backpack. Since I also carry paper lecture handouts, the backpack makes it easier to deal with heavier loads. I do use the messenger bag with my laptop, but it is infrequent. I have noticed that it is easier to mess up the fabric on nice clothes with a rugged backpack than it is with a messenger bag.
I wonder if that was part of what pushed them into the mainstream for guys?