Laptops at DO Schools????`

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cliff

Reaction score
I am curious about all the different o-med school's policies regarding laptops.
Hi everyone-

I am very pessimistic that they have an usefullness in med school.
What is the good word about them from each school? How much did you have to fork out? &c. I am under the impression that the only school where they are helpful is KCOM?

Thanx.
cliff

------------------

Members don't see this ad.

Cliff,

Laptops are given to incoming students free of charge here at Pikeville, and let me tell you they are absolutely invaluable in the curriculum here. Notes are placed on the server for students to download, the school provides internet access and a subscription to MDConsult free of charge, just to name a few things for which they are used and needed. If it was not for this laptop, one would be quickly lost here in Pikeville. The nice thing also is that when we graduate, we get to keep the computer!!!!!

PCSOM2002,
I'll be attending PCSOM this August. I was wondering what kind of laptop they provide. If you or anyonelse has any info., I'd appreciate it.

[This message has been edited by PCSOM2004 (edited 07-27-2000).]

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, Pikeville folks...

As you can see at left, I'm a Kentuckian and I'm doing the application thing...I'd like to ask you some questions about that place. If you don't mind me asking, give me a mail at [email protected] . Thanks in advance, and I continued success!

--Wheels

OOPS -- that should read "I wish you continued success!" Mea culpa.

--Wheels

(At least this increases my post number, haha.)

PCSOM2004,

They gave us Dell Latitiude with a pentium II processor, Windows 95(I think the 2003 class has Windows98). 56K modem, etherlink connection all the works for the most part. You guys will get Dell's latest model. Best of luck in the classroom, and keep Pikeville busy, it can get a little sleepy in that town.