This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deleted011111

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
AMCAS breaks down GPA by year not by semester, so if your fall semester was high enough it could compensate for a slight drop in your spring semester and if you do well your senior year you could still end on a small upward trend which is whats important. Also your drop is extremely minor either way. I think you don't understand what the word "Large" means.

I'm not sure if your a troll or whatever but the fact that one bad semester is enough for you to consider if you should give up is concerning. There are students who've come back from sub 3.0 GPA and have gotten into medical school. Medical schools look for students able to rise above whatever obstacles presents itself.

Reactions: 1 user
AMCAS breaks down GPA by year not by semester, so if your fall semester was high enough it could compensate for a slight drop in your spring semester and if you do well your senior year you could still end on a small upward trend which is whats important. Also your drop is extremely minor either way. I think you don't understand what the word "Large" means.

I'm not sure if your a troll or whatever but the fact that one bad semester is enough for you to consider if you should give up is concerning. There are students who've come back from sub 3.0 GPA and have gotten into medical school. Medical schools look for students able to rise above whatever obstacles presents itself.

As a premed that had a very bad semester last semester, I really appreciate the advice you just gave to OP! thank you! I feel all the more confident haha.

Reactions: 1 user