large medical school classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

musicalMDorDO

Does anyone know of any medical schools that interview "lots" of applicants...accept "alot" of people and not "alot" of those people matriculate. I'm just wondering. I know the use of the word "lot" here is not very specific. I remember my family MD informing me that drexel and albany are like this. Is this true?

Members don't see this ad.

could be true to albany, i think they got to the bottom 1/3 of their waitlist last year.

Buy an MSAR....and it's a lot, not "alot"

musicalMDorDO said:
Does anyone know of any medical schools that interview "lots" of applicants...accept "alot" of people and not "alot" of those people matriculate. I'm just wondering. I know the use of the word "lot" here is not very specific. I remember my family MD informing me that drexel and albany are like this. Is this true?

Members don't see this ad :)
TSK said:
and its a lot, not "alot"
does it really matter? it is a rather casual phrase so can't you be casual about the spelling?

Does it matter? Probably not....Just one of those things that annoys me, like when people spell "school" like "skewl"...

quantummechanic said:
does it really matter? it is a rather casual phrase so can't you be casual about the spelling?

TSK said:
Buy an MSAR...

The MSAR lists only # of applicants and # matriculants. Nowhere in the book do they list acceptance rates and yield rates.

Of course, I wish they did reveal that info because it would be far more helpful to see % accepted instead of just the size of their class.

But what medical school wants to admit that somebody wouldn't want to go there? :rolleyes:

TSK said:
Buy an MSAR....and its a lot, not "alot"
If you want to talk about correct grammar, you should have used "it's," not "its." It's=it is and its=possessive.

TSK said:
Does it matter? Probably not....Just one of those things that annoys me, like when people spell "school" like "skewl"...

if this stuff really bothers you maybe you should stop frequenting internet discussion sites (where people type quickly, use acronyms, and mistakes happen) and go get an english phD. get a life.

zachdhudson said:
If you want to talk about correct grammar, you should have used "it's," not "its." It's=it is and its=possessive.

They're isn't nothing dumber then mis-pelling the word 'it's' with 'its' me hate this more then nething. what stoopid peoples.

Touché…But the MSAR lists the number of students who have applied, those who were granted interviews, and those who ended up matriculating at said university.

zachdhudson said:

Note to self: Cancel med school interviews, pursue English Ph.D, get life...

emgirl said:
if this stuff really bothers you maybe you should stop frequenting internet discussion sites (where people type quickly, use acronyms, and mistakes happen) and go get an english phD. get a life.

TSK said:
Touché…But the MSAR lists the number of students who have applied, those who were granted interviews, and those who ended up matriculating at said university.

right, but the more important number is the number of applicants accepted. this can be found on usnews.com for a price.

Ironhead2000 said:
right, but the more important number is the number of applicants accepted. this can be found on usnews.com for a price.

True. It's also in US News' guide to getting into med school (I forget the exact title). However, the information is a couple years old even in the recent edition, and not every school is in there.