Largo, Grandview, and South Pointe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

d-dimer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please don't mention on applying to ACGME programs. I have not taken the USMLE and don't plan on doing so. I am only asking for these programs.
I already read the previous thread reviewing the AOA programs from years ago. Any D.O. knows anything about these programs? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Grandview is the only one I’d consider...and even still.

I’d avoid any AOA programs. Either take the USMLE or apply with only COMLEX...you’re bound to still get some interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Grandview is the only one I’d consider...and even still.

I’d avoid any AOA programs. Either take the USMLE or apply with only COMLEX...you’re bound to still get some interviews.

What’s the issue: Bad training? Poor job prospects?

Members don't see this ad :)
From the title I thought this was gonna be about some new dope video laryngoscopes or something. Introducing the Grandview lol

What’s the issue: Bad training? Poor job prospects?

I can’t comment on the employability of AOA board certification...but I highly suspect you’ll have issues.

Inferior training would be a serious concern. You want complex cases, pain medicine, out of OR anesthesia, wholllle spectrum...you’re not likely to get a good exposure at a small community hospital.

I can’t comment on the employability of AOA board certification...but I highly suspect you’ll have issues.

Inferior training would be a serious concern. You want complex cases, pain medicine, out of OR anesthesia, wholllle spectrum...you’re not likely to get a good exposure at a small community hospital.

Every DO I’ve spoken to on this has been unequivocal on this subject. Match ACGME Anesthesiology or choose another specialty altogether. I definitely don’t know specifics, but significantly inferior training and the possibility of not obtaining hospital credentialling is a concern.

Another point - all DO programs at some point in the semi-near future are going to have to be ACGME accredited as part of the “merger,” do this might be a moot conversation altogether.