Larkin Health Sciences School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimchidoll

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My stats are decent, but I consider myself a low qualified candidate, so I'm applying to the newer schools to up my chances of getting in. I just applied to Larkin Health Sciences School of Pharmacy and they seem to be recruiting for their first Fall '16 cohort. Anyone know anything about the school?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Another pharmacy school few people have heard about in the middle of one of the most saturated regions? The school might do well, but the graduates not so much. How much in tuition do they charge, anyway? (it's not even posted on the website)

I'm interested in that school as well. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Another pharmacy school few people have heard about in the middle of one of the most saturated regions? The school might do well, but the graduates not so much. How much in tuition do they charge, anyway? (it's not even posted on the website)

Got an email from them stating they're locking in tuition at $44k/year for 3 years as incentive for students who are accepted to commit to the school LOL.

I'm interested in that school as well. Do you mind sharing your stats?

I'm a non-traditional student.
~3.3-3.4 Cum GPA, 4.0 Science GPA
PCAT composite: 78
Bachelors Degree (non-science).
2.5 years of work experience
Pharmacy Tech job + shadowing hours
2 years of volunteer experience at a homeless rescue mission

Last edited:
Hi all,

My stats are decent, but I consider myself a low qualified candidate, so I'm applying to the newer schools to up my chances of getting in. I just applied to Larkin Health Sciences School of Pharmacy and they seem to be recruiting for their first Fall '16 cohort. Anyone know anything about the school?

Thanks!
Hey, I am applying here too, I am filling the app right now, but they sent me a link where I suppose to fill my data, do we have to do it on Pharmcas still? I am confused lol

Hey, I am applying here too, I am filling the app right now, but they sent me a link where I suppose to fill my data, do we have to do it on Pharmcas still? I am confused lol

No. They have a separate application process. I don't think they're part of PharmCas right now

Got an email from them stating they're locking in tuition at $44k/year for 3 years as incentive for students who are accepted to commit to the school LOL.

why you consider yourself a low qualified candidate? because omg I wish I had that experience, and a bachelor's! I think you are competitive :) I only have 6 months volunteering and and a Associate degree in Sciences..

No. They have a separate application process. I don't think they're part of PharmCas right now
ohh thanks, it is super expensive but oh well is just 3 years

Last edited:
it's 44,000 each year and it is posted on their website. They just opened (August, 6)

Have any of you guys met with an advisor? I'm interested in that school as well but I'm a little bit skeptical about it plus it's too expensive

I almost applied there but they dont have a real campus from what ive read and asked from the Admissions office, they also sent me an application and I read that if they dont receive the accreditation in time to teach then theyre not held liable =\ so that makes me nervous >_< what to do.. what to do...

I almost applied there but they dont have a real campus from what ive read and asked from the Admissions office, they also sent me an application and I read that if they dont receive the accreditation in time to teach then theyre not held liable =\ so that makes me nervous >_< what to do.. what to do...

So they don't have ACPE yet? I thought they would be like Chapman at least and have pre-accreditation status. I guess that's the risk you take when you apply to a school recruiting for its first class :/

Don't do it kids! Seek reputable schools.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously. This doesn't sound like a great school. Seek out your local state school, or a reputable private as a last resort.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all,

Thanks!
How did u apply? Where can I find the application. I don't see it on their website.

Anyone has interview here?

I am strongly considering not applying here, because it is way too expensive and it is not accredited yet, did you guys apply? have you heard back from them?

I am strongly considering not applying here, because it is way too expensive and it is not accredited yet, did you guys apply? have you heard back from them?
I applied but someone misplaced my files so I had to resend it a few times. I'm starting to think twice about this destination now.

My Interview ,Feb 2016. Their AACP accredidation check, July 2016. SouthStudent did you get interview Feb? Just Apply Suzie, you never know get in or no get in any Pharmacy school. You can choose no go later. Visit their campus interview. I have a feeling its not gonna be that bad of a school.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I applied but someone misplaced my files so I had to resend it a few times. I'm starting to think twice about this destination now.
Oh yikes!, I started the app in October and when I came back to finish I had to redo it all over again (haven't submit it yet tho), I am afraid since it is a new school and yes they say in their website that they will have full accreditation by July 16 so they can start classes on August but I am not sure, lets see! :)

My Interview ,Feb 2016. Their AACP accredidation check, July 2016. SouthStudent did you get interview Feb? Just Apply Suzie, you never know get in or no get in any Pharmacy school. You can choose no go later. Visit their campus interview. I have a feeling its not gonna be that bad of a school.

I am debating what to do lol..but YOWAT that's true you actually never know, maybe I should apply and I can decline the offer if I get into another less expensive school.

If u have good GPA/ PCAT then don't apply here.

you're gonna get accepted to UF, if not then nova. Im sure pba nova will accept u. They're better programs than a new one like larkin

well done pcat gpa u have. proud of you

larkin i don't want take risk unless my last last chance

Hey, how did you receive your interview invite? via email or mail?

Oh yikes!, I started the app in October and when I came back to finish I had to redo it all over again (haven't submit it yet tho), I am afraid since it is a new school and yes they say in their website that they will have full accreditation by July 16 so they can start classes on August but I am not sure, lets see! :)

I am debating what to do lol..but YOWAT that's true you actually never know, maybe I should apply and I can decline the offer if I get into another less expensive school.

By the way they wont have full accreditation yet by 16'. They say on their site that they're expected to getting a candidate status and with your stats I wouldn't bother applying to Larkin because you are more than likely to get in at the other 3 schools.

They didn't review my file because they misplaced some of my files, So after sending it out multiple times with different methods they finally have it completed but will be reviewing it on Dec. 3 - Dec. 10th and thats when I'll know if I have an interview for February. The only problem I see with that is that there are plenty of other schools doing interviews this year and so far I have 3 interviews and some are just waiting for my Genetics and Molecular & Cellular Biology grades from this fall. By then I am sure that I'll be committed to a different school.

By the way they wont have full accreditation yet by 16'. They say on their site that they're expected to getting a candidate status and with your stats I wouldn't bother applying to Larkin because you are more than likely to get in at the other 3 schools.

They didn't review my file because they misplaced some of my files, So after sending it out multiple times with different methods they finally have it completed but will be reviewing it on Dec. 3 - Dec. 10th and thats when I'll know if I have an interview for February. The only problem I see with that is that there are plenty of other schools doing interviews this year and so far I have 3 interviews and some are just waiting for my Genetics and Molecular & Cellular Biology grades from this fall. By then I am sure that I'll be committed to a different school.

yeah, I think is way too expensive and I am totally afraid about the school not being accredited yet...did you apply to NOVA or PBA?

+

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
SUZY want to congratulate you for being accepted to UF. Don't bother apply Larkin. I only applied Larkin not PBA/Nova because my gpa under 2.75. Got email invite Pharm. I don't feel thrill about it though. why the hell someone charge 44,000 about 66,000 a year in tuition+fees beyond me, more like they wanna pay for their expenses opening program.
If u guys have gpa 3-4, 70-80 PCAT. yr gonna get accepted somewhere in FL. Most def UF or Nova. I know Fact, pba nova cares more about gpa than pcat while UF is more we want 3-4 gpa 60-70 pcat.

knew several girls in class with 3.4-3.9 worst pcat (15-20%) got multiple interviews in pba/nova/lecom

Ohh that makes sense tho lol, I want to go to NOVA, but haven't heard from them or even UF, the only one that has sent me the email for their supplemental app was PBA, but I don't think I will be applying to Larkins because as you said it is way too expensive and I am truly looking for a cheaper school, and if I can stay at home and do not pay rent then it will be perfect that's why I prefer NOVA because is 30 min from home. I am trying to save me some money because right now I am really broke LOL ..

Last edited:
yeah, I think is way too expensive and I am totally afraid about the school not being accredited yet...did you apply to NOVA or PBA?
I applied to Nova but I just sent them a progress report from my professors about how I was doing in my upper division classes. Then they just said to wait it out and I should be hearing their decision by the first week December. I did not do PBA, but you'll be fine. I'm actually in the same boat as YOWAT, because my GPA is low as well. I only began to do well in school 2 years ago, so my GPA is in the gutter but with the turn around that I've had, experiences, and my background history all helps which is why I think I haven't been full out rejected just yet. (knock on wood):rofl:

SUZY want to congratulate you for being accepted to UF. Don't bother apply Larkin. I only applied Larkin not PBA/Nova because my gpa under 2.75. Got email invite Pharm. I don't feel thrill about it though. why the hell someone charge 44,000 about 66,000 a year in tuition+fees beyond me, more like they wanna pay for their expenses opening program.
If u guys have gpa 3-4, 70-80 PCAT. yr gonna get accepted somewhere in FL. Most def UF or Nova. I know Fact, pba nova cares more about gpa than pcat while UF is more we want 3-4 gpa 60-70 pcat.

knew several girls in class with 3.4-3.9 worst pcat (15-20%) got multiple interviews in pba/nova/lecom

GPA brothers man (haha) :highfive: I know that feeling, hopefully we get in somewhere:prof:

+

Last edited:
+

Last edited:
Can you elaborate more please?
just let it go.

SouthStudent31 GPA PCAT? Mine = 87 PCAT 2.52 science gpa 2.67 overall gpa. I'm gonna ace the PCAT with 99% in January 2016 to offset my low GPA. I spoke with Dean. I know I have no shot of getting in. I need miracle. Suzy I agree. Tuition = Mortgage Payment. I know how u feel, I'm on food stamps right now! If you guys need help with it, that's another story I'm willing to share. But education quality is more important than cheapness to me. If UF chooses me, I wouldn't go to FAMU even if it was cheaper. UF = 22,000$ FAMU - 9,000$.

UF gets flooded with applications. Its Thanksgiving and Christmas, you'll be hearing by January or Feb at latest for interviews if no hear in December Suzy. Why didn't u guys apply to USF? Did u guys apply to UGA pharm? Suzy your stats were exactly like a girl I knew. now she in UF. only diff she got 94 or 93 in Jan 2014 PCAT and heard of Acceptance in mid/late Feb. bach degree in bio was another diff. honestly, UF is the only school i wanna go to. All others seem lame.

Check out this http://www.aacp.org/resources/research/institutionalresearch/Documents/Table 8.pdf. SCHOOL TUITION + 25,000-30,000$ (expenses)= YOUR EDUCATION COST IN 1 YEAR.
GPA= 2.69 Science=2.63 PCAT= 63:censored: ... The only good thing I got going for me is that I'm taking upper division courses and doing really well in them right now. I already have
Microbiology (A) in progress Genetics (B) in progress Biochemistry(B) Molecular & Cellular Biology (B) in progress

+

Last edited:

You are definitely not a low qualified student. I am not sure why you are underestimating yourself. You need to expand your pool. New schools are risky .

Did anybody have their interview yet? Mine is next week and i just wanted a little bit of feedback

Did anybody have their interview yet? Mine is next week and i just wanted a little bit of feedback
I believe that I have my interview on Tuesday 2/2/16 but I have not received the information on the agenda for that day. My friend received his agenda last week and showed it to me and my interview was confirmed with Larkin before his was confirmed back on December 15'. So, I guess that I will be there early morning and see what happens. When is your interview date?

I believe that I have my interview on Tuesday 2/2/16 but I have not received the information on the agenda for that day. My friend received his agenda last week and showed it to me and my interview was confirmed with Larkin before his was confirmed back on December 15'. So, I guess that I will be there early morning and see what happens. When is your interview date?

Hey! I Had to email them last week in order to let them know that i did not receive an agenda so I would suggest you email them as well. My interview is in the afternoon on 2/2 as well.

Hey! I Had to email them last week in order to let them know that I did not receive an agenda so I would suggest you email them as well. My interview is in the afternoon on 2/2 as well.
I sent them an email last week on Tuesday but haven't heard anything so far.:nailbiting: Your interview is in the afternoon like at 3pm? a friend of mine told me a friend of his is having the interview at 3pm and that some other people are doing it at 830am

I sent them an email last week on Tuesday but haven't heard anything so far.:nailbiting: Your interview is in the afternoon like at 3pm? a friend of mine told me a friend of his is having the interview at 3pm and that some other people are doing it at 830am

Wow that's weird. My agenda days my interview starts at 1:00pm

Wow that's weird. My agenda days my interview starts at 1:00pm
real weird maybe he got the time wrong, on my friends agenda, it starts at 830am and ends at 12 pm. So, I guess they'll have back to back interviews.

Is this your first interview?
It's my first interview this year, unfortunately this is my second year applying...don't forget to check your junk mail as well! My agenda shows that the interview will be a half day experience from 1-4:45pm.. How were you're other interviews? Did u get any acceptances yet?

It's my first interview this year, unfortunately this is my second year applying...don't forget to check your junk mail as well! My agenda shows that the interview will be a half day experience from 1-4:45pm.. How were you're other interviews? Did u get any acceptances yet?
I pmd you

How does everyone feel about their interview?

+

Last edited:
In the afternoon... I thought it was good, I liked everything that they said! How about yourself? I love the curriculum though

+

Last edited: