Larkin school of pharmacy miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Notaquitter

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied here? What's the interview process like? When can you expect a call back? I just applied through PharmCAS

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone applied here? What's the interview process like? When can you expect a call back? I just applied through PharmCAS

I applied there. After my Pharmcas was verified, a week later they sent me an email for an interview. My interview is this Wednesday actually. From what they said the interview process is similar to USF: MMI interview, an essay, and a team building activity.

I applied there. After my Pharmcas was verified, a week later they sent me an email for an interview. My interview is this Wednesday actually. From what they said the interview process is similar to USF: MMI interview, an essay, and a team building activity.

OK cool. If you don't mind me asking what are your qualifications. GPA PCAT score. I wanna see how competitive I am

Members don't see this ad :)
OK cool. If you don't mind me asking what are your qualifications. GPA PCAT score. I wanna see how competitive I am

I would also be interested in the stats. I'm also looking towards applying here.

Reactions: 1 user

i just sent them my unofficial PCAT scores on monday and I received an interview today for march 1st. the interview is MMI, essay and group activity

please let us know how it goes! I have one on march 1st

i just sent them my unofficial PCAT scores on monday and I received an interview today for march 1st. the interview is MMI, essay and group activity
When did you apply? What's your stats?

When did you apply? What's your stats?

I applied back in January however i did not take my PCAT until february 9th.
overall GPA: 2.8
science: 3.5
PCAT: 50th percentile
lots of EC, patient care hours, and a masters degree.

Hi, I have an interview April 24th any tips or recommendations? How was the experience?

Why on earth would you guys want to go to this overpriced, diploma mill pharmacy school? Seriously, it could close down anytime and you'd be screwed out of whatever tuition you paid! Plus, if you guys don't go to this school, then Larkin would be closed down, freeing more jobs and making the job market slightly better! USE COMMON SENSE AND STOP THESE GREEDY PHARMACY SCHOOLS!

Why on earth would you guys want to go to this overpriced, diploma mill pharmacy school? Seriously, it could close down anytime and you'd be screwed out of whatever tuition you paid! Plus, if you guys don't go to this school, then Larkin would be closed down, freeing more jobs and making the job market slightly better! USE COMMON SENSE AND STOP THESE GREEDY PHARMACY SCHOOLS!

I realize it is uncommon for a Dean of a College of Pharmacy to respond to this list, but when I see inaccurate statements that may effect someone's decision to join our amazing community, I feel I must. We are not a diploma mill. If we were, or any COP for that matter, ACPE would not grant pre-candidate status. The definition of a diploma mill is:

DIPLOMA MILL- The term `diploma mill' means an entity that--
(A)(i) offers, for a fee, degrees, diplomas, or certificates, that may be used to represent to the general public that the individual possessing such a degree, diploma, or certificate has completed a program of postsecondary education or training; and (ii) requires such individual to complete little or no education or coursework to obtain such degree, diploma, or certificate; and
(B) lacks accreditation by an accrediting agency or association that is recognized as an accrediting agency or association of institutions of higher education (as such term is defined in section 102) by--
(i) the Secretary pursuant to subpart 2 of part H of title IV; or (ii) a Federal agency, State government, or other organization or association that recognizes accrediting agencies or associations.

The dictionary defines a diploma mill as:

An institution of higher education operating without supervision of a state or professional agency and granting diplomas which are either fraudulent or because of the lack of proper standards worthless. - Webster's Third New International Dictionary

You can find lists of diploma mills at Diploma Mills and Accreditation - Diploma Mills

As for tuition, since our students only pay for three years as opposed to four, our tuition and fees are within the lowest 25th percentile of all private colleges of pharmacy in nation. We can provide individual statistics to anyone or they can easily be found through AACP.

Additionally, it is not true that ACPE would shut down any program for not achieving Candidate Status the first time. As a matter of fact, a college can be continued as Pre-Candidate. Regardless, we recently had our Candidate comprehensive site visit from ACPE which was also observed by a member of the Florida Board of Pharmacy. There are 25 Standards that we were graded on. We achieved "Competency" or "Competency with Continued Monitoring" all 25 Standards. Those are the two of four grades that are positive. Meaning we did not receive any negative findings ("Partially Compliant" or "Non Complaint") on any of the 25 Standards. This is an excellent outcome. Therefore, when the ACPE Board meets in late June, we fully expect to be granted Candidate status, however, we can not know for sure until the Board meets.

I hope that if any one feels that they are being fed misinformation, or even of they just want further clarification, that they would either contact us at [email protected] or even comment directly to me, the Dean. We also welcome visits at any time. Our students will tell you that we are a thriving and growing university that places the interest of the students first.

I realize it is uncommon for a Dean of a College of Pharmacy to respond to this list, but when I see inaccurate statements that may effect someone's decision to join our amazing community, I feel I must. We are not a diploma mill. If we were, or any COP for that matter, ACPE would not grant pre-candidate status. The definition of a diploma mill is:

DIPLOMA MILL- The term `diploma mill' means an entity that--
(A)(i) offers, for a fee, degrees, diplomas, or certificates, that may be used to represent to the general public that the individual possessing such a degree, diploma, or certificate has completed a program of postsecondary education or training; and (ii) requires such individual to complete little or no education or coursework to obtain such degree, diploma, or certificate; and
(B) lacks accreditation by an accrediting agency or association that is recognized as an accrediting agency or association of institutions of higher education (as such term is defined in section 102) by--
(i) the Secretary pursuant to subpart 2 of part H of title IV; or (ii) a Federal agency, State government, or other organization or association that recognizes accrediting agencies or associations.

The dictionary defines a diploma mill as:

An institution of higher education operating without supervision of a state or professional agency and granting diplomas which are either fraudulent or because of the lack of proper standards worthless. - Webster's Third New International Dictionary

You can find lists of diploma mills at Diploma Mills and Accreditation - Diploma Mills

As for tuition, since our students only pay for three years as opposed to four, our tuition and fees are within the lowest 25th percentile of all private colleges of pharmacy in nation. We can provide individual statistics to anyone or they can easily be found through AACP.

Additionally, it is not true that ACPE would shut down any program for not achieving Candidate Status the first time. As a matter of fact, a college can be continued as Pre-Candidate. Regardless, we recently had our Candidate comprehensive site visit from ACPE which was also observed by a member of the Florida Board of Pharmacy. There are 25 Standards that we were graded on. We achieved "Competency" or "Competency with Continued Monitoring" all 25 Standards. Those are the two of four grades that are positive. Meaning we did not receive any negative findings ("Partially Compliant" or "Non Complaint") on any of the 25 Standards. This is an excellent outcome. Therefore, when the ACPE Board meets in late June, we fully expect to be granted Candidate status, however, we can not know for sure until the Board meets.

I hope that if any one feels that they are being fed misinformation, or even of they just want further clarification, that they would either contact us at [email protected] or even comment directly to me, the Dean. We also welcome visits at any time. Our students will tell you that we are a thriving and growing university that places the interest of the students first.

Wow, how desperate must you be to post on a pre-pharmacy forum about students trashing your school. I've never seen any respectable professional program respond to posts on social media sites trying to back up their curriculum. What a joke. Let your stats speak for your school not a bunch of "definitions".

ALso why are you even OPENING this school? To combat the need of pharmacy schools in the state of Florida? Can't be that since Florida has to be one of the most saturated states after California and Pennsylvania. We have USF, FAMU, NOVA, LECOM, PBA, and UF which has four campuses for a grand total of NINE pharmacy schools. We have absolutely no need for a tenth. This school is a cash grab and nothing else. You care absolutely nothing about your students, their future job prospects, and the propsect of the pharmacy profession as a whole. Also good luck getting your students any kinds of jobs in the Miami area. Not only are there not any jobs, most of them basically require the ability to speak spanish considering the massive hispanic popuplation down there.

Last edited:
Wow, how desperate must you be to post on a pre-pharmacy forum about students trashing your school. I've never seen any respectable professional program respond to posts on social media sites trying to back up their curriculum. What a joke. Let your stats speak for your school not a bunch of "definitions".

ALso why are you even OPENING this school? To combat the need of pharmacy schools in the state of Florida? Can't be that since Florida has to be one of the most saturated states after California and Pennsylvania. We have USF, FAMU, NOVA, LECOM, PBA, and UF which has four campuses for a grand total of NINE pharmacy schools. We have absolutely no need for a tenth. This school is a cash grab and nothing else. You care absolutely nothing about your students, their future job prospects, and the propsect of the pharmacy profession as a whole. Also good luck getting your students any kinds of jobs in the Miami area. Not only are there not any jobs, most of them basically require the ability to speak spanish considering the massive hispanic popuplation down there.

It is a little odd for the dean to be trolling SDN. I doubt any of the deans of the schools mentioned above would even have time to comment. I did visit larkin as did 3 of my other friends and we all had the same impression. I mean we would ask questions and the answers seemed to be scripted. Not one student or faculty member had a negative comment.Come on your school cannot be perfect. In contrast, when i interviewed at other schools, i felt i was given honest answers. Current students gave us their REAL experience and REAL pros and cons and where they thought school could improve. The school is expensive, i don't what the dean is talking about. Its 49275$$$ per year totaling 147825$$$ for the 3 years and that's with PRIVATE LOANS, so expect high interest rates even with decent credit and cosigner. Oh and that's not with living expenses which you will most likely need if you are on your own (additional 29k) because none of the students there could work even part time with such a demanding curriculum. I spoke to some students and a lot of them don't work or work 1-2x a month.. yea you cannot survive on that. sooooo you will be taking out nearly 80k in PRIVATE LOANS per year.

I feel it is my job to inform those student applicants that are hungry for "real information" as we are completely transparent and welcome anyone to visit or talk to our current students. Additionally, your stats are wrong and we have leaders of all the major pharmacy chains and hospitals on our Dean's Advisory Board who supported our start as the only College of Pharmacy in Miami-Dade County. We also have a goal to serve the underserved population including those of Hispanic origin. We also encourage anyone to review our statistics. We will even help explain them. As a side note, we are not starting a new program. We started it two years ago. We are entering our second class now with high marks from ACPE as well as the Florida Department of Education from which we have zero negative findings. As a graduate of UF many years ago, and having held leadership roles at UF, NSU and LECOM, we believe we have created a truly unique curriculum. Again, we welcome anyone to visit anytime. I also welcome direct responses or questions from anyone interested in pharmacy other than this poster who may be feeling threatened by competition of other highly qualified pharmacists/pharmacy students.

Last edited: