Last 3 weeks. Help please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jvnn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In need of some help. I'm taking the MCAT in 3 weeks. I just took my first Practice test from Kaplan:

C/P: 123
CARS: 123
Bio: 123
P/S: 121
Total: 490

These are terrible scores. I'm reviewing the test thoroughly, whether I got the question correct or incorrect. I also understand that these practice tests are deflated so I should add roughly 10 to my score. However, I still want to break 510 at the very least. I have 2 more Kaplan FL's and the AAMC sample left. Any advice on that could help me boost my score? Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

That is rather low of a score for 3 weeks left. It is clear that you are lacking in some major content review. You need to go back and hit the books in the topics you got blatantly wrong.

Keep doing practice passages everyday. That's the best way to learn but if you're starting with a shoddy foundation, it will be difficult to raise your score. Khan academy videos and passages were an invaluable resource for me for my last couple of weeks.

In need of some help. I'm taking the MCAT in 3 weeks. I just took my first Practice test from Kaplan:

C/P: 123
CARS: 123
Bio: 123
P/S: 121
Total: 490

These are terrible scores. I'm reviewing the test thoroughly, whether I got the question correct or incorrect. I also understand that these practice tests are deflated so I should add roughly 10 to my score. However, I still want to break 510 at the very least. I have 2 more Kaplan FL's and the AAMC sample left. Any advice on that could help me boost my score? Thank you!!!

Maybe try another set of FLs from a different prep company? EK FLs are very good, a bit tough, but fair and they have some relevant experimental passages, and make you think!

Members don't see this ad :)
Add 4-5 to kaplan scores, not 10
Did Kaplan revise their curve? I heard that they did, but from one source so I completely disregarded that. That sucks though...

That is rather low of a score for 3 weeks left. It is clear that you are lacking in some major content review. You need to go back and hit the books in the topics you got blatantly wrong.

Keep doing practice passages everyday. That's the best way to learn but if you're starting with a shoddy foundation, it will be difficult to raise your score. Khan academy videos and passages were an invaluable resource for me for my last couple of weeks.

I already went through all the material within the last ~2 months. As I'm reviewing the test, I do realize I understand the question, but the information doesn't cross my mind. I feel like I'm lacking in test taking skills, but it could definitely be due to a lack in grasping the content as well.

I'll be doing more tests and problems and review, of course. Thanks for the advice so far!

Take the AAMC FL as it's the most representative of them all. If you don't pass the 500 mark, then I doubt you're ready for a 510. Good luck