surag

kobayashi
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Few questions, I finished the AAMC practice tests and I was wondering how I could prepare better...

First off, I did Kaplan test 10 and it was really hard, like on those(kaplan) tests I missed on average 20 questions each section and it kinda scared me. Do you think its because kaplan's are really hard? I ended up with 35 or higher on each of the AAMC practice tests....

Second, how much organic is on the test? Like how many passages 2, 3 or more?

third, the organic syllabus has no alkenes or benzens, I was wondering if its because very few of these appear or if it was a mistake not to include them...

And besides reviewing stuff, what else are you guys doing?

THANKS!

chaeymaey

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
TX
prettydoc.blogspot.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
TPR workbook problems. This Saturday I'm taking AAMC 7. I'll take 9 next Saturday, hopefully at the test center. I'll try to do some other AAMCs as well.

WilliamsF1

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Still on track. 6R tomorrow, 7 on Monday, 8 on Thursday, 9 on the following Sunday. Reviewing in between.

About the Ads

EBI831

legend in the making
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2006
Chi-town royalty
Status
Medical Student
hey missing 20 on kaplan bio and physics sometimes ends up as an 11 trust me i know it too well. as far as verbal i think that's not so good. i was wondering the same thing too about the difficulty question.

MyInitialsAreJC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
www.myspace.com
Status
Pre-Medical
Taking practice tests and reviewing the whole thing the next day. Taking notes on stuff i got right and wrong.

Im also reviewing (by typing up) all my notes from the EK books. I figure by going through them and typing them up I'll review most of the stuff ive forgotten in the last 10 weeks. And by having to use the EK book to decipher my illegible handwriting I'll do even more review

But im starting to wonder if thats a waste of time - being 2 weeks left and all. it might be more worthwhile to just review the notes/text w/o typing it all up.

AWhitehair

EM PA-C. MD wannabe
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2004
Tampa, FL
Status
Non-Student
chaeymaey said:
TPR workbook problems. This Saturday I'm taking AAMC 7. I'll take 9 next Saturday, hopefully at the test center. I'll try to do some other AAMCs as well.
This is what I have set up as well. I will probably take a couple more in between if I can find the time.

ReDox

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Taking AAMC 8 and 9. Finishing up the EK1001 workbooks. Listening to EK Osmosis a couple of more times and writing down equations and important concepts that slip my mind like relationships and stuff.

Good luck to everyone!

About the Ads