Jun 24, 2010
California
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Hi guys!

I was wondering if you guys know anything about Core PT in Fullerton, CA or Cedar Sinai Outpatient Rehab in Beverly Hills, CA because I don't know much about these 2 places other than that Core PT is a privately own clinic and Cedar Sinai is a good hospital.

I previously had a bad outpatient experience in a privately owned clinic in NY so I'm afraid of picking Core PT but I wanted to find more information about these 2 places before I make my final decision?

Thanks!

Azimuthal

7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2012
Status
Physical Therapist
Hi guys!

I was wondering if you guys know anything about Core PT in Fullerton, CA or Cedar Sinai Outpatient Rehab in Beverly Hills, CA because I don't know much about these 2 places other than that Core PT is a privately own clinic and Cedar Sinai is a good hospital.

I previously had a bad outpatient experience in a privately owned clinic in NY so I'm afraid of picking Core PT but I wanted to find more information about these 2 places before I make my final decision?

Thanks!
Don't know about those two, but can you elaborate on your bad experience in NY? What was so bad about it?

OP
T
Jun 24, 2010
California
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Don't know about those two, but can you elaborate on your bad experience in NY? What was so bad about it?
The person in charge pretty much ran the place like a business instead of focusing on patient care. When I was an intern there with him, he pretty much used me as an aide and scheduled 2 patients every 15 minutes, doing the same treatment for most of the pts. I understand he needs to generate the income to sustain the clinic but it was insane!

OP
T
Jun 24, 2010
California
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Check out yelp.com for Core PT in Fullerton. Reviews are mixed. Also, be aware that reviews on yelp can be "gamed", both by the business owners and the competitors.
I did not find anything on yelp for Cedars Sinai Outpatient Rehab in Beverly Hills. There was a big story on that hospital last year:
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/08/local/la-me-cedars-infections-20121208
I read the Core PT reviews a couple of days ago and I think that's why I was hesitant about picking it. For Cedar Sinai, the outpatient facility isn't in the hospital but a couple blocks away in like a medical plaza so I don't think I have to worry about infections as much? But infections happen a lot in hospitals - I've seen it before when I did one of my clinical affiliations in acute care.

jblil

7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2010
East Coast
The person in charge pretty much ran the place like a business instead of focusing on patient care. Unfortunately, this assembly-line setup is not so uncommon among private practices. And IMO we'll see more and more of it as reimbursements are tightened up.

If you do choose to go to Core PT, please let us know what it's like after you're done!

Azimuthal

7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2012
Status
Physical Therapist
The person in charge pretty much ran the place like a business instead of focusing on patient care. Unfortunately, this assembly-line setup is not so uncommon among private practices. And IMO we'll see more and more of it as reimbursements are tightened up.

If you do choose to go to Core PT, please let us know what it's like after you're done!
It's also unfortunate that choosing to keep the doors open means doing a disservice to the PT profession by negatively altering the public's perception of PT. I've had a few instances when I could not convince a post OP THA or TKA patient to see OP PT. Stated that they had OP PT before and "it was a joke". That's why I follow the therapy cap legislations. We need to stop these cookie cutter clinics.