Last Day at Work!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redfish81

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today is my last day in the Navy!! After 5 1/2 years it feels really strange to not have this be part of my life. After this I will go on to MS1 in August. Who else is quitting their jobs (or getting a job for the summer) and moving for med school? What kind of work did you do and where are you going?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same position, I'm a paramedic who has worked (full-time for the most part) for the same ambulance company for over 5 years-I was an EMT-B with them for two years prior to becoming a paramedic. It definitely will be odd, my last day is 7/27, to quit... but it is exciting to move on (quite literally). the wife and I move to Madison the beginning of August.

Today is my last day in the Navy!! After 5 1/2 years it feels really strange to not have this be part of my life. After this I will go on to MS1 in August. Who else is quitting their jobs (or getting a job for the summer) and moving for med school? What kind of work did you do and where are you going?

Congrats! I remember my last day in the Marine Corps fondly so I know exactly what you're feeling. Are you on terminal? If so, you should get a space-A flight somewhere. I traveled around Europe for about 2 months that way right when I got out of the Corps.

I just quit my research job a few days ago and I'm leaving tomorrow to go on a 2 week backpacking trip. I haven't even started looking for a new place to live. That can wait.

Thank you for your service and good luck with your new chapter!

I've been a research coordinator for the last 2+ years and my last day is on Friday. I will have two glorious months off before moving to Brooklyn in August :)