last day for harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bokermmk

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Being the second friday in January it looks like its the last day you can expect a Harvard invite. Oh well. Cant be that great anyway.

Members don't see this ad.

And probably the last day for interview offers from U Penn as well....

Originally posted by bokermmk
Being the second friday in January it looks like its the last day you can expect a Harvard invite. Oh well. Cant be that great anyway.

really is this true????? AWWWWWWWWWWWW crap.....oh well

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of curiousity, if U Penn only offers interview invites through mid January, why does their status website say they screen applications for interviews through March? Is what they say a blatant lie? This is exactly what the website says:

"Your application is now in the screening process. Complete applications will go through a series of competitive screenings. Screening will begin in October and continue into March, 2004. Applicants invited for interviews will be notified via email. The Committee on Admissions will make all final decisions in March, 2004."

Anyone have any solid information to prove/disprove the prevailing theory that if you don't have an interview by now, you're done for?

Alexander

I don't know the specifics of UPenn, and I didn't apply there, but if your application "will go through a SERIES of competitive screenings... Screening will begin in October and continue into March, 2004" isn't it probable that they finish all of the first screening (i.e. screening for interview) before the last stage of screening (offering acceptance/waitlist/rejection in March)?
Obviously the theory "that if you don't have an interview by now, you're done for" is not true for every school... but Harvard does say that they will make interview offers through mid-January, which is why this thread was started. But other schools interview through March or April, so there's certainly plenty of chance for an interview there."

Alexander--

A poster on the MD/PhD forum said he called UPenn today to check his status and was told that they are finished sending out invites.

c-chemist: Is that for MD/PhD applicants or for everyone? Many times MD/PhD applicants have totally different application deadlines and interview/acceptance policies than regular MD applicants.

The status page does say that you will go through a series of competitive screens....The status page does say that screening will begin in October and continue into March. I dare say that the first instance of screening and the second are not synonymous... My claim is based upon the fact that I, and a few people I know, recieved our interview invitation ON October 1, which would imply that our applications were at least cursorily screened before the onset of the magic month of October. So perhaps time is up, and the remainder of those who have already been offered an interview have until early March to complete it (as acceptance offers go out mid March).

I called UPenn and they told me the last day they interview is Feb 6, and that I could still get an interview invite up through next week. Assuming the lady on the phone is correct, I imagine the screenings in March are for those who have interviewed and the committee decides on whether to accept you.

Originally posted by G0S2
Harvard will send out the last round of invites early next week.

GOS2,

Have you called them? I was certain interview invites were over.

will harvard and upenn send out the last of the interview invites along with the rejections for those who did not interview? i just want some closure! it was silly for me to apply to these schools anyway...good luck everyone!

that was a dumb question! sorry, just got out of bed from a nap!