Last day of internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badgas

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it is finally here. My last medicine call and basically my last day of internship. This day is ranking up there with reading a "you've matched" email or a med school acceptance letter. Only 4 more unappreciative, rude, "self pay" patients to admit. About 1 hr of rounding tomorrow am. 4 more unnecessary rectals. 900+ stupid calls from nursing (equivalent to one crosscover call). And next month, it's on to an elective, where my responsibilities consist of packing up my apartment and studying for step 3. It only took 4 years high school, 4 years undergrad, 4 years med school, one year of internship and $200K to get to the point where I can start learning about my future trade. Despite all of that, life is good right now. Congrats to the rest of the scutmonkeys in my same position.

Members don't see this ad.

Ummm... check me if I'm wrong, but don't you have another month of internship to go?

-copro

Ummm... check me if I'm wrong, but don't you have another month of internship to go?

-copro

Radiology rotation next at a hospital where the radiology group left and a few locums are the only ones roaming around.

Members don't see this ad :)
Radiology rotation next at a hospital where the radiology group left and a few locums are the only ones roaming around.

Flippin' sweet! How'd you arrange that?

Bloody Mary for breakfast, coupla Martini's for lunch, and kick-off early in the afternoon for early happy hour.

:D

-copro

Flippin' sweet! How'd you arrange that?

Bloody Mary for breakfast, coupla Martini's for lunch, and kick-off early in the afternoon for early happy hour.

:D

-copro

I have to give all of the credit to our hospital administration there. If they wouldn't have attempted to cut salaries by 30%, then I might never have been in this wonderful situation. Just finished admitting a DIC patient and only have ONE admission left. 14.5 more hours. I'm hoping to have a beer bong loaded and ready for me at the top of the parking garage.

Congrats, badgas, and to the other in this forum who have made it through internship. Hope you're having fun on your "month off".

3 days boys and girls, 3 days...including today.

My senior wonders why I wasn't excited about the "rash" admission at 2200 last night.

Him..."This is so cool! I think it's Varicella in an adult...look, he's got the lesion on his palate!" (googles images of palatal lesions)

Me..."Are we done here?" (after spending 3 hours on said admission)

I work all the way up to June 30. F'in leap year, I could have ended on a weekend.

I'd like to thank the peds chiefs for putting both anesthesia interns on the last night of call going into our vacation week.