Last day to take the DAT if applying this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jayjay

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm planning on taking my DAT at the end of this month/early October and i'm currrently applying for the fall of 2002. Does anyone know the deadline to take the DAT??

Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

There is no deadline for the test. You can take it almost any day of the year, but you do need to schedule the test with Sylvan and that can sometimes take time. The sooner you take it however, the better off you will be for 2002 admissions.

That's good to know. I heard the deadline was in October but I wasn't sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how long it takes for the DAT results to arrive at dental schools?

it takes about 3 weeks before school receive your grade.

it is true there are no deadline for you to take the test, however, there are deadline for the school, and most school's deadline is the end of the year.

good luck for your dat

snowman

while it takes 3 weeks for official dat scores to arrive at the schools, many schools suggest that you fax a copy of your scores to them right after you take the test. that way you get a headstart. you might get an interview before your official report even arrives.

Thanks for the info and advice!! It's very much appreciated. :)

I was under the impression that at this point in the year, its too late to apply for 2002. I may just be overly cautious. . .

its not too late but it is my opinion that you should have already applied. i waited until october the first time i applied and i think and didn't get in. a i applied much earlier the second time and i got twice as many interviews and i got in. I hope that you are luckier than i was but if things don't just remember to apply as early as possible.

Hi,

I know everyone on this board is on top of everything... except for me! ;)

Anyway, I submitted Aug 20, and I called them last week to ask them about the status of it. Turns out they have been working on the 10th mailing and my application is going out with the 11th mailing, and they have no idea when that would be. :p

Thanks jayjay. I was just curious. I knew that I could have applied this summer, however I was swamped with organic chem, dealing with the change of being thrown out into the real world from my comfy college life and pretty sure that this is what I wanted to do but not sure enough. It is worth a year to me to know that I made the right choice :D Can't wait to get back to school, but I'll enjoy my job and my early 20's for now.