last interviews of the year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmprice2

ACCEPTED!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if schools interview over christmas break or if they are idle for a few weeks until the first week or so of the new year?

Members don't see this ad.

I would think they wouldn't interview then... but I'm really not sure. I do know that I wouldn't want to go to an interview then because students wouldn't be there and it's nice to see how students act/feel about the school.

Thought they might have some of the local students come in and help out with the tours and interviews. My invite is for Jan 9, but got an e-mail today about an opening on Thursday of this week. Just wondering...

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview on the 21st of this month...though I guess that's probably the very last day before official Xmas break time...not sure if they'd actually schedule that week after or not...I wouldn't be surprised if they had a few interviews though b/c it might be an easier time for applicants to travel?

Makes sense, and most would probably not have any conflicts then either.

Do you think they are still going to review us and send us interview invites/ acceptances this month. I don't think I can sit through a month of no action.

Do you think they are still going to review us and send us interview invites/ acceptances this month. I don't think I can sit through a month of no action.

Hmm... I kinda wonder if the adcom meets during winter break to decide who are naughty and who are nice?

If I had to guess, I'm thinking it will be super quiet after next week until the 2nd week in January.

If I had to guess, I'm thinking it will be super quiet after next week until the 2nd week in January.
I hope you're wrong. I can't wait any longer or I'll go crazy :laugh:. This whole application process is a waiting game. Wait for MCAT score, wait for AMCAS verification, wait for secondary invites, wait for "file complete" emails, wait for interview invites, and wait for acceptance letters.

But, I can't wait to hold an acceptance letter in my hand. I'm sure it'll feel really really good and it'll be worth the long wait.