last min advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kerplunk112

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so im interviewing at baylor tomorrow, anyone have any last min advice? Also anyone have any good tips on calming down/lowering heart rate?....for some reason i get the jitters like sob and my HR shoots sky high(seriously i can take my pulse by "feeling" my heart beat in my chest) and seriously interferes with my ability to provide coherent answers. Hopefully this is something i can eventually overcome.

Members don't see this ad.

Relax dude. Just realize that being tense is hurting you in every way possible: you're not enjoying being all worked up, you'll not enjoy the interview day, you'll do worse in your interview. I would be more scared of being scared than of the interview, if that makes any sense. So drink a beer, watch tv, and don't sit there thinking about the interview/prepping for the interview all night....just chillax.

EDIT: And BTW, congrats on the Baylor interview. I liked Baylor a lot...

Just try some deep breathing and meditating. It's really hard to do, but try to relax and enjoy yourself at the interview. I too get like this when I'm anxious about something but I have learned to cope with the anxiety by taking a few deep breaths and clearing my thoughts.

yeah i love baylor..which is why i dont want to **** this up... as much as i hated living with my druggie roomate..some xanax might do me some good tomrrow.