Last min verbal tips/advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chalupa Batman

Mr. McGibblets
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So Im taking the MCAT next saturday and my verbal score is ranging from a 7 to a 10. I know there is nothing I can really do to change my score drastically but I was wondering if anyone had some last minute exercises or tips that can help push my score closer to the 10 rather than the 7.

One thing I have been trying is reading an easy science article in the economist or scientific american the night before I take a practice test and it seems to get my mind mentally prepared to do a lot of reading. Does anyone else do this?

If you do something different please share!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Do whatever you need to stay relaxed. If it is reading, then ready away. Personally, I just listened to talk radio (its my thing, dont judge) on my hour drive to the testing center. At the testing center, I was singing to myself in my head and grooving to my own rhythms. During breaks, I was BSing with the proctor about cars and the rain. During the test, I was laser focused unless I was taking a mini break in which case I was totally chill.

that said, you are only 1.5 weeks out. don't change too much.

Do whatever you need to stay relaxed. If it is reading, then ready away. Personally, I just listened to talk radio (its my thing, dont judge) on my hour drive to the testing center. At the testing center, I was singing to myself in my head and grooving to my own rhythms. During breaks, I was BSing with the proctor about cars and the rain. During the test, I was laser focused unless I was taking a mini break in which case I was totally chill.

that said, you are only 1.5 weeks out. don't change too much.

:thumbup: thanks for the advice