GujuMD

1K member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I was wondering how do the adcom decides who to accept at the last minute. I am still on the waiting list. I called that school last week and they told me that they are going to be sending the final rejection letters out this week and they also told me that last year they had to call 4-5 people at the last minute. do they reject everyone except for 5-10 people just in case or do they reject everyone and then if they need to call some back?

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
theres probably a tier when it comes to the waiting list. low tier waitlists are the first to go probably.

About the Ads

sfbear

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
Status
it might be out of your hands, but it wouldn't hurt to send a letter telling them why you want to be a doctor and why you want to go to their school. might not help, but you never know.

sentrosi

INTARWEB USER
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2004
TEH INTARWEB
Status
Medical Student
Yeah. If you're hoping for a last minute acceptance, it wouldn't hurt to send them a letter saying you're still interested. It'd probably help to keep you in consideration.

KrispyKreme

10+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2006
Status
they look at the picture that you had to attach to your secondary and choose the most attractive people from the waiting list because they know they will have to look at them for the next 4 years.

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
he probably said, fine i dont want to go to your stupid school, ABCmed is better anywyas, to which his school said, talk to the hand.

OP
G

GujuMD

1K member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2006
Status
Medical Student
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
braluk said:
he probably said, fine i dont want to go to your stupid school, ABCmed is better anywyas, to which his school said, talk to the hand.

About the Ads