• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar - Starting at 8 PM

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy!

txgirl007

10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I know its down to the wire but I'm still wavering......

1. UCSD
2. Colorado
3. Baylor-Dallas
4. UCLA
5. Cedars
6. UTSW

Any thoughts would be appreciated, especially UCSD vs Colorado. Thanks

Dr. ZZ

10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I wud go with USCD...you can never lose with the california system and weather....last year univ. of colorado didnt match all its spots and had to go thru the scramble...so that's sumthing to consider.

The way i wud rank those places in my preference:

1. USCD
2. UCLA
3. Cedars
4. Baylor
5. UTSW
6. Colorado

SallySmartie

10+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I saw in the Freida information about the Colorado IM program that the number of spots decline every year. Does anyone know if this program is "cutting" people out of the Internal Medicine program every year?

About the Ads

orientedtoself

resident
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2005
Status (Visible)
sally,
the reason for the drop in # of spots from first to second years is that we have about 10 prelim medicine interns each year that are going into something other than im (anesthesia, neurology).

this thread is old old old. wonder where the op ended up?

I saw in the Freida information about the Colorado IM program that the number of spots decline every year. Does anyone know if this program is "cutting" people out of the Internal Medicine program every year?

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
sally,
the reason for the drop in # of spots from first to second years is that we have about 10 prelim medicine interns each year that are going into something other than im (anesthesia, neurology).

this thread is old old old. wonder where the op ended up?

Hopefully Sally will realize that this is the answer to the same Q she asked about 2 or 3 other programs and will stop asking in every single thread that mentions a program by name.

SallySmartie

10+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Thanks, that explains the drop from the first year to the second year. But, do you know the reason for the drop in spaces from the second year to the third year? Did this program expand or are they dropping people from the program? Thanks.

orientedtoself

resident
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2005
Status (Visible)
the program is stable in size. i don't know what happened to those people.

Thanks, that explains the drop from the first year to the second year. But, do you know the reason for the drop in spaces from the second year to the third year? Did this program expand or are they dropping people from the program? Thanks.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.