Last minute antibiotics review?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustSomePreMed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I take my exam this Friday, and tomorrow's the day before the test obviously. I have a list of a bunch of things I'm going over between now and then, and tomorrow part of it will include hitting antibiotics since I still feel really weak on a lot of them. I can remember some of the major toxicities and such, but as far as coverage, maybe only a few of the real big blatantly obvious concepts. A lot of the things like which PCNs to use, what kills Pseudomonas, what do use on gram negatives/anaerobes/etc, I have all confused in my head.

What's the best one source to focus on here at the end? The FA section? Or what?

Members don't see this ad.

def gotta go with high yield at this point so yes.. first aid.

but make sure you dont ignore the 'toxicities and side effects'. From what im hearing, youre just as likely to be asked about that as you are to be asked 'what is the treatment for trichomonas, for example.

but make sure you dont ignore the 'toxicities and side effects'. From what im hearing, youre just as likely to be asked about that as you are to be asked 'what is the treatment for trichomonas, for example.

Thanks! Yeah I'm actually trying to focus on the toxicities and side effects a good bit. I do tend to remember more of them than I think, probably.

geT gap on the metrooooo

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't have a single drug interaction or antibiotic tox question on my test, but there seems to be mass variability on the qs ppl get.

i got an amazing antibiotic review that will help you bigtime. let me know if you want it. a PharmD wrote it and I know residents in the hospital liked it a lot too.

covers the organisms, the drugs, side effects, and any interactions very very easily.

the charts help you see the coverage so you know the abx easy

i got an amazing antibiotic review that will help you bigtime. let me know if you want it. a PharmD wrote it and I know residents in the hospital liked it a lot too.

covers the organisms, the drugs, side effects, and any interactions very very easily.

mind sharing with the rest of us? thanks

Is there any way i can get a copy of that antibiotic review?

Ditto,

I am having so much trouble with drugs. I just can't retain the Side Effects mainly because I don't have a mechanism for many of them. I spend way too much time researching the mechanism behind the SE so I can remember them. Any tricks or tips you guys can give me for this as its really frustrating.

I'd appreciate one, too. Thanks!
PM me please.