last minute application question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alittlestory

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For our CAF form...

the first page, asks us to checkmark if we plan on going thru the NRMP.

Ideally, I'd love to get a position outside the match (i'm already in a PGY-1 spot).

So, if I indicate that I will go thru the match, will that hurt my chances of obtaining an outside position?

Vice-Versa...if I dont' click it, do programs potentially use that as a 'filter' meaning, they wont view my app?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

For our CAF form...

the first page, asks us to checkmark if we plan on going thru the NRMP.

Ideally, I'd love to get a position outside the match (i'm already in a PGY-1 spot).

So, if I indicate that I will go thru the match, will that hurt my chances of obtaining an outside position?

No it will not.

Quite the contrary. If I were interviewing a resident and found out they didn't also apply through the match, I'd think they were either:

1) stupid
2) egocentric
3) foolhardy
4) all of the above

The only time going through the match will hurt you from getting a position outside of the match is if you have already signed an NRMP contract and/or matched (ie, a match violation).

Vice-Versa...if I dont' click it, do programs potentially use that as a 'filter' meaning, they wont view my app?

thanks.

No they won't use it as a filter.