last minute decision!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superso

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an email written to nymc saying im withdrawing but now i'm having second thoughts! I know alot of people have interviewed at NYMC and Downstate. Downstate is EXPENSIVE, almos the same price as NYMC after taking car insurance (liability only) into consideration and a scholarship that I got from nymc. What should i do???? Is nymc better than downstate in terms of reputation?

Members don't see this ad.

I think that this point you need to go where you feel the most comfortable. In terms of reputation, I would say they are about the same. Since both are pretty expensive, I would once again go with your gut (where did you feel like you could see yourself going, being relaxed). Another thing you may want to consider is the match list for the two schools. I know that NYMC is notorious for sending a lot of students into Radiology (they have an advisor who pulls a lot of students into this field---has a lot of say in this field)...But in the end just go where you'll be happy...

bbtbay said:
I think that this point you need to go where you feel the most comfortable. In terms of reputation, I would say they are about the same. Since both are pretty expensive, I would once again go with your gut (where did you feel like you could see yourself going, being relaxed). Another thing you may want to consider is the match list for the two schools. I know that NYMC is notorious for sending a lot of students into Radiology (they have an advisor who pulls a lot of students into this field---has a lot of say in this field)...But in the end just go where you'll be happy...

thanks! i feel comfortable at both, but i figure ill try to figure out what to do in a dream tonite or something