Last-minute school suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sAmsOn25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of filling out the AMCAS and TMDSAS applications. What a pain. Especially TMDSAS. I am not currently a Texas resident (I lost my residency when my family moved overseas) but I plan on applying there anyway. So I won't bother mentioning any of those schools. I have about 12 AMCAS schools on my list right now, and I'd like a few second opinions. Check out my MDApps profile. Here's the list I'm working with:

Baylor
Emory
USC - Keck
Mt. Sinai
Oregon
Ohio St.
Miami
Colorado
UNC
Rochester
U Virginia
Wake Forest

I don't have any research experiece, which pretty much rules out most of the top 20 schools, and I'm okay with that. Do you think I have enough upper/mid range and saftey schools?

Members don't see this ad.

You mean the secondaries? I'm not a huge fan of jumping through hoops... I put it on the list primarily because I have extended family in Denver.

Members don't see this ad :)
A few other posts are saying that applying to U Va as OOS is a waste of time unless you have strong ties to the state (which I don't). Any suggestions for replacement schools?

Hi OP, I have a question for you,

So you've mentioned that you have moved overseas for a couple years, did you live in overseas during your college years? If so, do you have to send your overseas college trancript(s) to TMDSAS? I'm sure that you don't have to do so for AMCAS, but I'm not sure for the TMDSAS. Thanks for answering =]

I didn't attend college overseas or do correspondence classes, so there shouldn't be any problem. I graduated from high school overseas and took two years off of school for a proselytizing mission for my church.

You mean the secondaries? I'm not a huge fan of jumping through hoops... I put it on the list primarily because I have extended family in Denver.
He meant their tuition. Have you seen how high it is for OOS students?