Last Minute study advice (2 more days!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Disinence2

Emergency Medicine
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

So I take my test Friday, and don't know how to spend my last few days.

I just finished up all my World Questions (Overall %69) Last 10 tests have been in the 66-81 range (avg 74). I got a 87% on the practice test at prometric, and a 550 on NBME 3 (2 weeks ago)

The thing I'm worried about is that I only read through FA once. Should I spend my last 2 days flipping through FA for a 2nd time or doing the missed/marked questions on U world.

Maybe some combination of both? I feel like I don't really have time to go through all of FA again.

Any tips? I'm not out to score a 260, but something 230+ would be very nice.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

So I take my test Friday, and don't know how to spend my last few days.

I just finished up all my World Questions (Overall %69) Last 10 tests have been in the 66-81 range (avg 74). I got a 87% on the practice test at prometric, and a 550 on NBME 3 (2 weeks ago)

The thing I'm worried about is that I only read through FA once. Should I spend my last 2 days flipping through FA for a 2nd time or doing the missed/marked questions on U world.

Maybe some combination of both? I feel like I don't really have time to go through all of FA again.

Any tips? I'm not out to score a 260, but something 230+ would be very nice.

I feel the same way as you, don't worry! My numbers over the past week are pretty much the same as yours (UW range 66-87 but most were around 75 give or take over the last 20 blocks, just finished the bank today with an average of 68% all random/timed (averages at the beginning kind of dragged that average down!), also I got an 88% at prometric)...I'm hoping for above 240 on the real thing in 4 days. I'm planning on reading some parts in FA that I'm weak on (ie. Neuro) but for cramming purposes last minute I think the Immuno markers and maybe some other small biochem/molec bio stuff are good for cramming the last few days.

I think the day before it is important to only do some light looking over/memorizing and then just to chill out and prep your mind for the test. Good luck!

I ended up scoring 240+ and I spent the last 3 days exclusively going over flashcards I had made earlier in the week of ONLY information from FA.

I'm interested to hear responses too. I'm debating whether to flip through FA or only going through BRS micro, BRS pharm, and Lange Path flash cards.