Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Last minute studying for May 11

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by badasshairday, May 4, 2007.

1. badasshairday

badasshairday Vascular and Interventional Radiology 10+ Year Member

Apr 6, 2007
    What are you guys doing for your last minute prep?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Surf Rx

Surf Rx 7+ Year Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Praying.

4. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 29, 2005
    Well seeing as how my score is lowering now and I've scored a 20 on two AAMC exams now

I'm praying and planning to apply to DO schools now, thinking of maybe changing my career to another health field, maybe caribbean, my life is so miserable someone help me.

5. meddoc1

meddoc1 2+ Year Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Don't give up !! Just try your best and everything will be fine!! At least you can say, Hey! I did my best!

6. Hatman

Hatman 2+ Year Member

Jan 22, 2007
    "No matter what your practice score is...No matter how many tests you have taken...its that single day that will make the difference...so go out there and f***en blow that test outta the water...No excuses!" -actual quote by a DO general surgeon to me :cool:

I wanna be like him

7. soccerpunk60

soccerpunk60 Junior Member 5+ Year Member

Aug 6, 2006
    def praying...

taking aamc10 tomrorow

review material

doing verbal practice

did i mention praying?

8. badasshairday

Apr 6, 2007
    Haha, thats freakin awesome.

9. mvenus929

mvenus929 Physician 10+ Year Member

Jul 6, 2006
    MDApps:
    Definitely doing the praying. I've decided that I don't care about school anymore, because all I have left to worry about is a paper due on Tuesday and a final the monday after the MCAT. Everything else is pretty much secured.

Tomorrow, I'm doing hard core physics review for 2 hours, then taking another practice exam, then writing that paper. Then I get to chill for the rest of the night.

Sunday I get to drive back from my mom's house, so I'll listen to AO on the way, then look at my paper some more and study, then chill again on Sunday night.

Monday before O Chem I'm taking another practice exam (minus the writing section, since I'll only have about 4 hours). After O Chem, I study for genetics final on Tuesday and review some chem stuff.

Tuesday, I take my genetics final, then do more physics studying, plus as many verbal passages as I can stand. Then I turn in that paper and hope for the best. I'm doing at least the PS and Verbal sections of a practice test.

Wednesday I have my O Chem final, and then I'm taking my final practice exam, which will be an AAMC one.

Thursday, I volunteer at the hospital, and listen to AO.

Friday morning I sleep in, eat an early lunch, pray lots and lots and lots, and then go to face my doom.

10. Dannyburch

Dannyburch 2+ Year Member

Jan 24, 2007

Remember to plan for enough time to review your practice exams....

My plan's to take CBT 7-10 between tomorrow and Wednesday. I still have a lot of Kaplan section tests left, so if I have time in between, I'll do those. Also I plan on reviewing the kaplan flashcards.
    Thursday, the day before the test, I plan on studying in the morning (do some verbal) and review flashcards/notes, then have a really good, long workout, and then get a massage!!! Something to look forward to... :love:

11. Swiperfox

Swiperfox 2+ Year Member

Mar 8, 2007
    I plan on not studying!! YAY :eek:

12. ICanDoThis

ICanDoThis 2+ Year Member

May 5, 2007
    Ok, so I know everyone here is probably equally stressed, but does anyone have advice for me? My MCAT practices seemed to have peaked and tappered off on the last few:

Kaplan 1 10-11-13 (34)
    Kaplan 2 11-11-13 (35)
    Kaplan 3 11-14-14 (39)
    Kaplan 4 10-11-12 (33)
    Kaplan 5 11-12-14 (37) This one I took 2 days ago

AAMC 3 10-12-13 (35)
    AAMC 4 10-10-12 (32)
    AAMC 5 11-12-13 (36)
    AAMC 6 10-13-12 (35)
    AAMC 7 11-12-13 (36)
    AAMC 8 11-12-12 (34)
    AAMC 9 11-11-11 (33)
    AAMC 10 10-9-13 (32) TODAY :scared:

13. badasshairday

Apr 6, 2007
    when was your peak? Dates man. Tell me the dates of your exams. It could just be a fluke, the 32 you got today. jeez you hada high of a 36 and 39.

Did you stop practicing verbal?

14. ICanDoThis

ICanDoThis 2+ Year Member

May 5, 2007
    Ok so if you really wanna know, i took my Kaplan tests mostly pretty early (March-April), except for FL 5, which i just took. The AAMC's are more recent, and I pretty much started 3 Mid-April and have been taking three a week since then. So I would say my peak was last thursday April 26th (and the 3 AAMC's i've taken since then have gone down 34-33-32...)

As for VR, I think I just hit a rough patch? At least I hope so...I seem to be having difficulty narrowing down to the correct answer when I'm down to just two. I also can't seem to get above a 10-11 on Physical sciences even though that's what i've been practicing the most! Any suggestion for either or both?