last minute tip

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jintonic5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
when your doing timed practices, use bubble sheets-- for longer sections is makes a min or two difference. just thought i would throw that out there. if you already are doing this, then disregard.

i need to stop the addness and get studying... ooohhhh shiny object...

Members don't see this ad.

jintonic5 said:
when your doing timed practices, use bubble sheets-- for longer sections is makes a min or two difference. just thought i would throw that out there. if you already are doing this, then disregard.

i need to stop the addness and get studying... ooohhhh shiny object...

Yah, even though I posess reflexes like a jungle cat... It takes some time away from the whole test. Damn bubbling. Why cant we just have a group test?

NilamPatel said:
who doesn't??

jin..does using bubble sheets really make that big a difference?

yes-- much to my dismay =T. if you think about it, it's the difference between finishing all the questions just in time, or running 1-2 min over= lost points. i had been finishing practice sessions on time when i wasn't bubbling, but when i sat for the exam in april, i found that i was not finishing sections (i ended up voiding in april). granted, the real thing was more difficult than what i had been practicing with, but i wasn't going to take any chances this time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! Bubbling makes a huge difference...remember on the real thing whatever doesnt end up on the bubble sheet, no matter how correct your reasoning in the booklet, isn't counted! Bubbling easily takes a combined total of at least 2 minutes per section. Plus using bubble sheets gets you used to the rhythm of answering in booklet and then bubbling on a separate sheet. I always bubble in chunks - like after I finish a passage or after a group of free standings I'll bubble those 5-8 questions in in one shot. Bubbling after every question is too time-consuming and inneficient, it makes you lose rhythm. And waiting to bubble in all the questions at the end is waaay to risky, you might run out of time while bubbling. That would suck.

i suck at bubbling, i always end up with spots of white or going outside the circle...they should teach proper bubbling in TPR

NilamPatel said:
i suck at bubbling, i always end up with spots of white or going outside the circle...they should teach proper bubbling in TPR

kaplan says to use a slightly dulled pencil tip.

what i do: i don't use mechanical pencils-- old fashioned wood ones for me. i've taken a bunch of them and sharpened them with a pen knife so that the lead is flat-- like a regular screwdriver head. i'm an anal bubbler myself, so it drives me nuts when there are light spots in my bubbling-- the flat tip makes filling in bubbles easier.

jintonic5 said:
kaplan says to use a slightly dulled pencil tip.
i'm an anal bubbler myself, so it drives me nuts when there are light spots in my bubbling-- the flat tip makes filling in bubbles easier.

there should be more of us out there