Last Month Study Plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctodoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been studying for the MCAT for the past 2-3 months while working full time. I haven't seen the results I wanted as I have been doing mostly content review, and I take the test on the 22nd of august. I sat for the MCAT in 2013 and received a 28, but obviously I am trying to get the equivalent of a 30-32 or better. Im in a kaplan live online course and I've taken two kaplan FL and got 497. I am leaving my job to focus on the MCAT more and take several more tests before the exam. What would be the most appropriate way to move forward with studying for those of you who have been in similar circumstances? I am weaker in the psych/soc section and the bio (not biochem tho), but stronger in the other ones. I don't want to push back my date, and I am also confident in my abilities (I pulled of a 28 pretty much by taking all the aamc released exams and reviewing, not a good score but not necessarily terrible). I plan on being in the library here on out, so what should I put the most emphasis on? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You still have (not plenty, but enough) time to raise your score.

My advice would be to focus primarily on practice passages from here on out.

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't take the exam if my scores aren't showing the results desired. After all, these scores represent what you're capable of achieving at the moment. That being said, I would do as mcatjelly said and practice on passages especially for psych and soc. Khan Academy has plenty, although I'm not sure how good they are.