Last Possible Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
The big rule is orientation - once you attend one second of orientation, you are locked in to that school. You can miss orientation if you're not accepted yet - I've heard stories of people joining a class from the waitlist after the first week. If that's the case, obviously the first class you attend locks you in.

So basically, the absolute latest date "possible" would be the orientation dates for the school you will matriculate into if you don't get off the waitlist. Obviously, reality's a different case. For example, I'm waiting on Case - who starts sometime around 7/11ish, but my only acceptance is to a school that has orientation in August - so timing won't be an issue for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
The big rule is orientation - once you attend one second of orientation, you are locked in to that school. You can miss orientation if you're not accepted yet - I've heard stories of people joining a class from the waitlist after the first week. If that's the case, obviously the first class you attend locks you in.

So basically, the absolute latest date "possible" would be the orientation dates for the school you will matriculate into if you don't get off the waitlist. Obviously, reality's a different case. For example, I'm waiting on Case - who starts sometime around 7/11ish, but my only acceptance is to a school that has orientation in August - so timing won't be an issue for me.

Did you even read the post?

OP, Unless I lived really close to my top choice I could not wait for them too long.

I'd say for me it will prob be the first week of July, because after that I want to start looking for apartments and already know where I am going

Hopefully this isn't too far off the OP's subject to be hijacking the thread, and I hope I'm not making a fool out of myself asking this (but hey, it's late/early), but it's been niggling at the back of my mind a while.
If you are waitlisted at your first choice and accepted somewhere else, but you write a letter of intent to your first choice, are you obliged to wait until the first day of orientation at the school where you're accepted to hear back from the first choice school, or do you still have the right to call up the the first choice waitlist mid-July and say "never mind, quit considering me, I'm making plans to go elsewhere"?

probably up until the first day of classes. i am deferring for a year from my current accepted schools so if i get into my first choice id go there.

i want to say that I would wait until the day classes start, but realistically speaking, you need to find apartments and such. So i would porbably wait until mid June.
But then again, if top choice let's me know in July, I may be swayed :oops: