Last possible day

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by freck, Jul 18, 2002.

1. freck

freck Junior Member

There seems to be some varying info on this.....
    When is the last possible day to accept a spot from a wait list and decline your 'accepted' med school ? Orientation? first day of classes? White Coat? Not that I have anything new to accept:confused:

2. FrankMD

FrankMD Ophthalmologist Wanna Be
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I asked the same question to UCSD admissions office since I'm waitlisted at their school. The lady told me that once I matriculate at another school, I will be automatically taken off their waitlist. So I'm assuming that once I register to be a student at another school, I will be forfeiting my waitlist position.

3. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    first day of orientation at my school

4. CANES2006

CANES2006 Miami chica
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Ditto on what Foxy said. I've always heard it was the first day of orientation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Smoke This

Smoke This Sweet cuppin' cakes!
    10+ Year Member

From the horse's mouth (AAMC website):

"After an applicant has enrolled in a U.S. school of medicine or begun a brief orientation program contiguous to enrollment, no further acceptances should be offered to that individual. ...blablablablabla... Enrollment is defined as being officially registered as a member of the first-year entering class at a school. "

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...