• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

freck

15+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2002
Kansas City
Status (Visible)
There seems to be some varying info on this.....
When is the last possible day to accept a spot from a wait list and decline your 'accepted' med school ? Orientation? first day of classes? White Coat? Not that I have anything new to accept:confused:

FrankMD

Ophthalmologist Wanna Be
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2001
NYC
www.berkeley.edu
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
I asked the same question to UCSD admissions office since I'm waitlisted at their school. The lady told me that once I matriculate at another school, I will be automatically taken off their waitlist. So I'm assuming that once I register to be a student at another school, I will be forfeiting my waitlist position.

About the Ads

CANES2006

Miami chica
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2002
Miramar, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Ditto on what Foxy said. I've always heard it was the first day of orientation.

Smoke This

Sweet cuppin' cakes!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 1, 2001
"Never made it up to Minnesota, North Dakota man w
Status (Visible)
From the horse's mouth (AAMC website):

"After an applicant has enrolled in a U.S. school of medicine or begun a brief orientation program contiguous to enrollment, no further acceptances should be offered to that individual. ...blablablablabla... Enrollment is defined as being officially registered as a member of the first-year entering class at a school. "

About the Ads
This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.