LAST Q on AAMC 7R? (#216)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Gigglez

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

what relevance does decrease in the percentage of dividing nuclei after about 8 hours have on the answer? :confused:

and if nuclei are dividing, how can they be synthesizing DNA at the same time? don't they occur in different phases?!?!

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

is it eukaryotic or prokaryotic?

For prokaryotic i think it occurs at the same time

During the 3-13 hour period a high percentage of cells were undergoing nucleic division that contained the radioactive label. In meiosis the cells would be dividing and but not replicating nucleic material therefore they would not be taking up new nucleotides. In mitosis, interphase (which is not technically part of mitosis) is when DNA replication occurs. In RNA synthesis thymidine is replaced by uracil so it is not a possibility. This leaves only DNA synthesis

I am still confused with this question. There is an increase and sharp drop in radiolabeled nuclei between 3-13 hours.

So the number of cells are increasing with radiolabeled T, then decreasing. There is a DNA replication before mitosis and meoisis I.

Can someone elaborate on this question and interpretation of the plot given in q stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.