1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Last second AAMC verbal practices

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by hylecious, 05.18.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. hylecious

hylecious 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi guys,

So I'm having MCAT this May 22rd. I'm pretty ready and at the same time nervous about verbal. For PS and BS, I'm scoring 10-12 frequently so they are not issues. My issue is always about verbal. I'm ESL so I'm pretty bad at it. I exclusively study verbal comprehension for the past 2 months and I think I improved.

However, I have a questions. Last weeks, I did verbal sections only from AAMC. They are 2nd time I did them within a month since I ran out of verbal practices. I scored from 9-11 for all of those verbal sections. However, I believed since I already did these sections before and did deep analysis for each, some memory could affect my score for the 2nd time practice. How much do you guys think that will impact my true score? I admit I feel much more comfortable reading passages right now but it doesn't not say much about my comprehension skill.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Jason12

Jason12 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    what were your scores the fist time you took them?

4. hylecious

hylecious 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I dont remember exactly but i think it is ranging from 4-6 i think.

5. Jason12

Jason12 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    if you're repeating the same verbal practice passages after a month then I would say you prob score higher since you remembered the correct answers, do TPR or EK 101 if you can...

btw Im an ESL student like you too, and after a year of practicing Ive been able to raise my score form 3-4 to 5-6 :(

verbal really sucks... specially for ESL students like us

About the ads