Last semester class advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coyfish

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my last semester. My 5th year. Had a hard academic life thus far. Dropped out after my sophomore year. Went to CC for a year and got my AA with honors. Returned to a 4 year. Basically I wanted to be a doctor but never "WANTED" to be a doctor if that makes sense. Didn't have the motivation. Anyway my grades are not good but they have been improving. Still some unlucky periodic C's but improvement is obvious. Right now overall is 3.35 and science is 3.2. The bad news is that I have some F's in key classes (early on) but the good news is I have consistently been improving (retook them got A or B) and most of that improvement has been getting A's in top tier bio classes.

This is my last semester and I am going to show what I am made of before I graduate. I have taken a TON of classes so even getting all A's wont skyrocket my gpa but the improvement alone will say a lot. I have good extracurrics so that isn't a priority.

What types of classes should I take? Should I do all biology related classes or a mix of some other stuff? My instinct tells me to do all bio by taking like 4 high level bio + 1 cheese online health class.

Or I could take like 3 bio classes and 3 like history / business classes and really get a ton of A's.

Members don't see this ad.

This is my last semester. My 5th year. Had a hard academic life thus far. Dropped out after my sophomore year. Went to CC for a year and got my AA with honors. Returned to a 4 year. Basically I wanted to be a doctor but never "WANTED" to be a doctor if that makes sense. Didn't have the motivation. Anyway my grades are not good but they have been improving. Still some unlucky periodic C's but improvement is obvious. Right now overall is 3.35 and science is 3.2. The bad news is that I have some F's in key classes (early on) but the good news is I have consistently been improving (retook them got A or B) and most of that improvement has been getting A's in top tier bio classes.

This is my last semester and I am going to show what I am made of before I graduate. I have taken a TON of classes so even getting all A's wont skyrocket my gpa but the improvement alone will say a lot. I have good extracurrics so that isn't a priority.

What types of classes should I take? Should I do all biology related classes or a mix of some other stuff? My instinct tells me to do all bio by taking like 4 high level bio + 1 cheese online health class.

Or I could take like 3 bio classes and 3 like history / business classes and really get a ton of A's.

your doing great :) (good recovery), don't load up on too many science classes with labs; if possible keep it limited to 2, thats my personal opinion. If the bio classes don't have labs and the professors seem moderately easy then go for it, remember to drop the class after 1-2 weeks if you know you can't handle it