Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Last semester of prerequisites

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by PharmD33, Dec 8, 2005.

1. PharmD33

PharmD33 New Member

Hi everyone,
    I was just wondering if anyone could suggest good humanities and social science courses. I am getting ready to register for Spring '06, which will be my last semester of prereqs. I've already finished all my science courses. I just need to take 5 courses in the spring and I'll be done. One of the 5 courses will have to be an english class, so that leaves me with 4 general education electives to take. Any suggestions?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dreaminpharmd

dreaminpharmd THBPPTH!
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I would recommend (if you have not taken):
    General public speaking course
    Economics (micro or macro)
    Psychology and/or sociology

I noticed that many pharmacy schools tack these on as a pre-requisites, but may vary. Some prefer micro over macro, and others don't care. Also, there are some who require history and other cultural studies...unless you already have a bachelor degree. If you have some pharmacy schools in mind that you'll apply in the near future, check out their pre-requisites. You don't want to take them after college like me..... :)

4. PharmD33

PharmD33 New Member

Thanks for the advice dreaminpharmd! :)