Last test-AAMC 9 or AAMC 10?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

G1SG2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I take AAMC 10 before AAMC 9, or vice versa? I've heard that 10 can be a confidence killer, as the curve is pretty strict. I plan on taking my last test on the 27th (I'm taking the 7/30 mcat) and reviewing the next day. So, take 10 first and then take 9 as a confidence boost? Or 9 before 10, and 10 before the real deal?

Members don't see this ad.

personally didn't find 10 to be any different than the rest. there will almost always be a point or two variation per test. take both since you have time, i would not, if i were you, do aamc and review so close to the actual date. but to each his/her own.

personally didn't find 10 to be any different than the rest. there will almost always be a point or two variation per test. take both since you have time, i would not, if i were you, do aamc and review so close to the actual date. but to each his/her own.

Thanks for your input. In that case, I think I'll just do them in order.

what did you think of 9?

I made a few stupid mistakes in PS and verbal obviously sucked. Need some fine tuning before Friday.

Goodluck on thursday Pookiez

Members don't see this ad :)
what did you think of 9?

I made a few stupid mistakes in PS and verbal obviously sucked. Need some fine tuning before Friday.

Goodluck on thursday Pookiez

Hey, 9 was alright. I though the PS was easier than 7 or 8. Bio was slightly harder and verbal was..verbal, lol. I made silly mistakes on PS as well, though. I made silly mistakes on verbal too. I could've scored 1 point higher if I avoided them. Oh well, better make those mistakes now than on test day, right? Good luck to you as well!

So Verbal is harder on 9 and 10???
I've been struggling with VR big time. So I shouldn't take 9 n 10's VR scores into estimating my real score?

No matter what test you take..easy or hard...the curve should reflect the difficulty of the exam. AAMC 9 has a generous curve for verbal and for that reason alone I would say that verbal on 9 is tough.

If you have time I would suggest you take it. Its better to go through dull passages now then face them for the first time on the real thing and not know what to do.

You can do them in any order. Just realize that the verbal on 10 is beyond ridiculous and ignore your score when you are done with it.

I'm fortunate in that verbal comes naturally to me. Except for 10, I got nothing below an 11 in verbal on any practice test (AAMC or otherwise) and a 13 on the real thing.

That being said, the verbal on AAMC 10 was beyond stupid. Lots of arbitrary and capricious answer choices.

If only the verbal part of the bio questions came that easily to me.

i just got done w/ VR for 10 and felt ******ed afterwards. glad i'm not the only one who had a tough time w/ it. is there another test that is specifically tougher on VR (or would provide for good VR practice)?

i just got done w/ VR for 10 and felt ******ed afterwards. glad i'm not the only one who had a tough time w/ it. is there another test that is specifically tougher on VR (or would provide for good VR practice)?

Try the verbal passages in the official mcat guide by the aamc. The questions are trickier!