Last Week of March = BU letters!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chevaliermalfet

Don't stop belivin'!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seeing as we were all told that March is when Boston U. plans to send out it's second round of acceptance letters, I thought I might start a thread for all of us to wait out the next few weeks together. At least this way, we can be scared s**tless as a group instead of all by our lonesome . . .

Members don't see this ad.

Hay guys, whats going on in this BU thread?

Actually I think I remember reading that someone called BU admissions and was told that we should expect decisions sooner than the end of march. More like, a week and a half from now if memory serves.

whoa seriously? Do you remember what thread that was? When I interviewed there in January, they told me to expect to hear in the last week of march.

Members don't see this ad :)
I stand corrected. May my thread title and original post reflect the edit. I even posted on that thread . . . I must be going nuts.:(

I stand corrected. May my thread title and original post reflect the edit. I even posted on that thread . . . I must be going nuts.:(

you can edit your thread title!

do you guys really think results will be out in about 1.5 weeks? considering how loooong it's taken the admissions office to "complete" us pre-interview, i'm doubting they'll get back to us sooner than what's been said during interview day. but i won't complain if they do get the word out sooner than end of this month.

good luck guys!!

I was wondering if any of you guys had been reading that thread with all the BU students trashing their school. Has that changed how you think about the place?

yeah, that "be wary of BU" thread really spun things differently for me and has me worried about the school...which probably isn't the right way to be thinking. how about anyone else?

Well the students that hosted the lunch were great to talk to for the most part. And the students that gave the tour were also pleasant people.

If all we are allowed to judge a school on is the presentation on interview day, then BU gets an A+. Is the trashing on this board worrisome? Yes. In reality none of us can really make an informed decision though. Any accounts of the BU experience, either positive or negative, are still just heresay. Without doing something like private investigation, we just don't know what the true story is.

yeah. as of now i'm just planning to go to second look and hopefully i'll be able to form an opinion for myself of the atmosphere and what the students think of the school.

yeah, that "be wary of BU" thread really spun things differently for me and has me worried about the school...which probably isn't the right way to be thinking. how about anyone else?

You know, I hate to admit it, but I'm so on-the-fence about BU vs. Tufts that I ended up thinking a lot about that thread. When I went to BU, they didn't give us a lot of contact with students, which made it hard to get a feel for what it's really like. Then again, BU may end up making the decision for me, so it could be a moot point.

by the way, how are we notified? email? snailmail? carrier pigeon?

i got an acceptance call from my faculty interviewer. Snail mail acceptance package followed on the west coast a few days later. I think rejections may have been done by email during the last round. Not sure how waitlists would be done.

Then again, BU may end up making the decision for me, so it could be a moot point.

Too right. On the other hand, I had a really positive impression of the school before I started reading that thread. So many ppl just showed up to make one post about how much BU sucks. I dunno. I even asked my interviewer about the 3rd and 4th year clerkships, and he had nothing to say about them. Hard to tell, but then, BU may just end up making this all . . . academic.:p

I don't suppose anyone out there has heard anything more about whether we are supposed to hear from BU next week, or if we have to wait until the end of the month?